Baseball Factory was founded in 1994 to assist high school baseball players in the college recruiting process. Having successfully placed more players into college than any other program, Baseball Factory is widely recognized as the leader in player development and college placement in the nation. The one-of-a-kind service combining professional instruction, showcases, tournaments, and ongoing guidance in the college recruiting process has resulted in success stories for over 50,000 players.
Over 3,000 players from Baseball Factory and its affiliate Team One Baseball have been drafted. Together with Team One Baseball, the companys showcase and tournament division, Baseball Factory has produced over 370 Major Leaguers including CC Sabathia, David Wright, Justin Verlander, Josh Hamilton, Mark Teixeira, Brian McCann, Roy Halladay and Prince Fielder. Baseball Factory Alumni have won: Two Most Valuable Player Awards, Five Cy Youngs, Four Rookie of the Year Awards, 24 Gold Gloves, 33 Silver Slugger Awards and Two Home Run Derby Contests.
Applying the successful player development and college recruiting system established by Baseball Factory, Softball Factory was launched in February of 2011. Softball Factorys mission is committed to offering authentic softball training and college recruiting guidance to fast pitch softball players nationwide. Lea Ann Jarvis, former Team USA member and 17-year Division I College Coach leads the division. Softball Factory is also an Official Scouting Partner for ASA Softball and their USA Junior National Team.
With the successful expansion of Softball Factory, Founder/CEO Steve Sclafani saw an opportunity to help guide even more athletes through the college recruiting process. In 2013 Volleyball Factory was launched, led by former National Player of the Year and All-American at UCLA, Kristee Porter. Volleyball Factory will hold over 30 Under Armour National Tryouts across the nation in 2014. In addition, players will have the opportunity to be selected to participate in five Player Development events including two at the United States Olympic Center in Lake Placid, NY.
Baseball Factory, Softball Factory and Volleyball Factory together make up Factory Athletics.
Factory Athletics is proud to partner with the following leaders in the industry: Under Armour, Gatorade, Easton, Dick's Sporting Goods, Topps, Little League Baseball and Softball and ASA/USA Softball
The Sales Representative will support the companys college recruiting program sales goals. We are looking for a motivated, personable, organized and responsible individual to fill this Sales Representative position. Factory Athletics has been named by Baltimore Magazine as Fun Places to Work.
· The representative will call high school coaches, parents, and players throughout the United States.
· The representative will be selling our college recruiting programs to these players. Our programs help high school players get exposure to colleges. We evaluate, video, and educate players at different national scouting sessions across the United States.
· Players are nominated to our program by high school coaches.
· The representative will assist with direct marketing campaigns, lead generation, and other marketing materials/techniques.
· Chance for advancement through company with proven success.
· Currently Under Armour sponsors our programs in this category.Skills Required/Experience:
· 1-2 years of inside or outside sales experience
· Excellent verbal skills
· Highly organized
· Understanding of direct mail and customer acquisition strategies
· 1-2 years of Sales Force experience
· Comfortable making 50+ outbound calls a day
· Must be self-motivated and be part of a team
· Highly competitive
Base salary with commission and bonus structure
· Competitive benefits package including coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Discounts on sponsor and partner retail products (Under Armour included)
· Corporate office equipped with workout training facility, locker rooms, and employee fitness classes
· Company match for 401k program (enrollment eligibility after 1 year of service)
· Flexible vacation and personal days
· Company-wide social outings throughout the year
Position in Columbia, MD at Factory Athletic Headquarters
To apply for this position at Factory Athletics, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Contact: Dan Forester, SVP of Sales/Player Development
Mail: Baseball Factory, 9212 Berger Road, Suite 200, Columbia, MD 21046
Email: email@example.com Fax: 410.715.1975