Director of Landscape Architecture
Gordon, a multi-disciplinary design firm located in Northern VA (Chantilly), is seeking a seasoned professional with over 10+ years of experience working in both the public and private sectors to serve as Gordons Director or Landscape Architecture. Gordon has a 37-year history of successfully providing services to diverse clientele supporting recent high profile projects, including the campus design for a Fortune 200 Company and other award winning parks and recreation projects. The position provides an exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate who is interested in growing Gordons Landscape Architecture business practice.
The successful candidate will have the experience to manage a variety of clients, a group of talented landscape architects, and projects of varying scales and complexity. The candidate should possess excellent business development and marketing skills that will help lead to expanding the Landscape Architecture and zoning/entitlement practices at Gordon. The successful candidate must be able to manage and coordinate clients and must be able to work collaboratively between other internal design groups.
Specific design experience is preferred in areas such as: Master Planning; Recreation Design; Urban Design; Streetscapes; Mixed-Use Development, Commercial, Campus Style Development. Additionally, a background in sustainable design practices is a plus. The following are additional qualifications:
· Bachelors degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture or Architecture.
· Virginia and/ or Maryland license as a landscape architect (or ability to pursue reciprocity)
· Leadership in marketing outreach and project specific business development endeavors.
· Self-motivated individual that can handle multiple projects & responsibilities while helping the firms landscape architecture practice grow and develop.
· Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and AutoCAD is highly preferred.
· Previous experience with construction documentation for high quality design projects, material research, specification writing, and detailing is required.
· Previous experience with parks and recreation projects, including design of natural and synthetic turf sports fields, sport courts, trails, and facilities is highly preferred.
· Must have the ability to assume responsibilities associated with project management, including team coordination and communication, contract negotiation, client billing, staffing coordination, project schedule, budget, and construction administration.
· Strong written, spoken and graphic communication skills.
· Previous experience with sustainable site design practices for projects.
· Ability to adapt to varying regulatory standards among many jurisdictions.
· Familiarity with 3D programs and trending software is a plus.
Gordon is a firm specializing in landscape architecture, programming and planning, civil engineering, survey and mapping, and security. With over 70 employees, we are a family first company offering excellent benefits and competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.