Community Manager, Career Development
ASTD is seeking a manager to oversee its Career Development Community of Practice. The manager is responsible for creating and managing a suite of content and products/services that cater to those interested in advancing their careers and those responsible for helping employees develop their careers inside organizations. The ideal applicant will have experience in multiple related areas, which could include: acquiring and creating career-related content, managing a job board, managing onsite and online events (like career centers), and creating compelling products to meet the career development needs of individuals and organizations.
Key responsibilities include program leadership, content development, business development, online engagement, product development, and P&L ownership. The ideal applicant will have significant experience in career development, and is driven to create a compelling ASTD experience for those interested in helping employees develop their careers inside organizations.
- Identify the content and product/service needs of members and be the face of the community to the industry
- Manage in-person events, including career centers and workshops
- Coordinate the acquisition of blogs articles, webcasts, and other content by working with SMEs and internal staff
- Manage existing and create new revenue-producing products and services for the community, including job board, books, workshops, conferences, educational programs, and more.
- Be active in social media channels to drive visits and engagement
- Forecast and track profitability for the product suite
- 3+ years of related experience
- Familiarity in the talent development industry a plus
- Content acquisition expertise including working with SMEs
- Event coordination
- Excellent time management and multitasking/prioritization abilities
- Team player paired with self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with social media
- BS/BA in related field
ASTD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ASTD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all of our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ASTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Race/Gender/Disabled/Veterans), and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Join the worlds largest association dedicated to training and development, and make a difference in your world.