Electrical Engineer / Designer
A small MEP consulting firm in Northern Virginia, in search of an electrical engineer/designer with experience in the design of commercial projects. We are seeking candidates with 5- 10 years of electrical design experience for commercial projects; tenant fit-outs, base buildings, restaurants, etc.
Duties would include the following:
· Prepare design documents, provide engineering calculations, perform feasibility studies, and produce equipment selection and specifications.
· Conduct site visits and document existing conditions
· Communicate with clients and attend meeting as required.
· Provide RFI responses in a timely fashion
· Be able to take projects from concept through construction.
Strong verbal/written communication skills
Proficiency in AutoCAD and MS office
Willingness to work overtime as business needs dictate
Must be a team player and be able to work closely with Mechanical and Plumbing team members.
Must be able to work with minimal supervision
5-10 years in desired field
Registered Professional Engineer (PE) a plus but not required.
LEED AP BD+C - a plus
This is a full time employment position with excellent benefits to include paid leave, health insurance, and performance based bonuses. Salary commensurate with experience.