Manager, Business Intelligence
The American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) is the world's largest association dedicated to the training and development profession. ASTD's members come from more than 100 countries and connect locally in more than 120 U.S. chapters and with more than 16 international partners. Members work in thousands of organizations of all sizes, in government, as independent consultants, and as suppliers. We are currently seeking a business intelligence manager.
Serve as manager for ASTDs Business Intelligence program. Serve as project leader to ensure achievement of objectives in all BI initiatives. Contribute to continuous improvement of project management, data architecture, and analytic processes.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance analytical capabilities and deliverables through use of ASTD data assets.
- Balance multiple concurrent projects, with ownership of specific activities.
- Own and execute a change management initiative including communications, training, and advocacy to increase the adoption of data for ASTD decision-making processes and business improvement.
- Review and approve ETL solution design, data mapping, design & functional specifications, and transformation rules to ensure high quality of deliverables.
- Understand project deliverable goals and complete them in a timely manner with a high degree of quality.
- Recommend changes to business offerings based on predictive modeling, track results based on those recommendations.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with a focus on business intelligence, database management, ETL, and project management.
- Experience with advanced analytics and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Interest in training and development profession a plus.
ASTD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ASTD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all of our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ASTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Race/Gender/Disabled/Veterans), and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.