Technical Operations Engineer
Technical Operations Engineer (LOCATION: Dulles, VA)
THIS IS AN ADVANCED ADMINISTRATION/OPERATIONS/SUPPORT POSITION. CANDIDATES WITH LESS THAN TWO YEARS OF LINUX ADMIN AND NETWORK EXPERIENCE MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
**No relocation available
Candidate will be required to support a 24x7 LAN/WAN and associated applications. Candidate will troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain the existing operational environment consisting of servers running Linux Redhat Server, Sun Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Exchange 2003, Cisco Network Devices, and workstations running Windows 7 and Windows XP.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
PURPOSE: To administer and manage systems in FourthWall Medias Engineering office, and to provide onsite/phone support to customers.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES: Operations Support Engineer
This role will share responsibility for administering a high availability, hosted environment and managing a mixed network of Windows and Redhat Linux servers. The ideal candidate will work well in a fast paced environment and deal professionally with internal and external clients. The Support Engineer will work very closely with the Software Development, Client Services and Support groups to meet business and technical demands.
- Administer multiple Linux/Redhat servers running in a high availability (Application Service Provider) environment.
- Configure and install new machines-Intel/RISC based. Advanced Linux/Unix administration-kickstart/jumpstart server builds, shell scripting, performance tuning and support.
- Configure, maintain, and support network infrastructure. This includes mainting the corporate VPN, and support customer site-to-site VPNs.
- Administer Linux to Windows connectivity.
- Support developer/system requirements.
- Support Virtual Machines running on both Linux and Windows servers.
- Maintain development/testing environments.
- Set up and day-to-day backups and maintenance of production systems.
- System performance and stability monitoring and optimization.
- Incident detection and handling.
- Resource monitoring, scaling of infrastructure as needed.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with little supervision (network, hardware, OS, performance related problems).
Requirements of the Candidate:
- RHCT or RHCE certification or equivalent UNIX experience or certification.
- CCNA or CCNE or CCNP and/or MSCE preferred.
- Experience in technical and customer support.
- Proven troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Solid grasp of hardware and network fundamentals .
- 3+ years experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems .
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills (English Language).
- 3+ years experience with TCP/IP networking.
- University degree in Computer Science or sufficient related education.
- Possess the desire to learn and accept new challenges.
- Experience with Cisco and Motorola Headend Equipment (DNCS, DAC, DCCG, QAM), RF Networking, and Cable TV experience a Plus.
- May require some travel to customer locations.
About FourthWall Media:
FourthWall Media, formerly known as Biap, is a multiple Emmy-nominated, industry leader helping to drive the creative revolution in interactive television. Our products and technology, which include advanced advertising, consumer applications, data reporting, and an ETV platform on which they run, are distributed through Time Warner Cable, Charter Communications, and several smaller MSOs. They have been deployed in more than 24 million set-top boxes. FourthWall Medias solutions include Ad Widgets®, TV Widgets®, and other in-programming innovations that offer marketers and programmers breakthrough tools for engaging audiences with one-to-one messages, while also extending subscriber loyalty and delivering detailed measurement and reporting. The company, holder of numerous patents. These products are developed to the latest EBIF and SCTE-130 specifications, and our ETV platform runs on Cisco, Motorola, Pace, and Tru2Way equipment. FourthWall Media is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. For more information log on to http://www.fourthwallmedia.tv