We are looking for a Configuration Management (CM) Analyst to lead/support efforts to mature the agencys CM program. The agencys CM program is still in its early stages so the individual must be good at problem solving and assist in developing solutions. One of the major objectives is to implement a Configuration Management Database (CMDB). The agency is intending on using ServiceNow (www.servicenow.com) but is currently using an in-house solution. In addition to supporting the CMDB effort, the individual must maintain the CM programs policies, standards, procedures, and also lead the CM operational activities. These activities include:
- Reviewing changes for technical impacts related to Configuration Items (CIs)
- Providing CM guidance in project reviews and discussions
- Conducting Physical Configuration Audits (PCA) (as needed)
- Conducting Functional Configuration Audits (FCA) (as needed)
Skills and Expertise
- Written Communication Skills - Experience with technical writing; maintaining processes, procedures, policies, and may be asked to draft last-minute emails that must be well written based on the intended audience.
- Oral Communication Skills - Participate in engineering reviews, Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings, and conduct presentations to management.
- ServiceNow CMDB module experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience implementing and maintaining a CMDB
- Basic SharePoint knowledge is required as much of the agency's information is stored in SharePoint.
- ITIL v3 certified is highly desired