Director, Learning & Development
The Director of Learning & Development (L&D) will formalize and grow a division that provides instructor led training (ILT) and web based training (WBT) services as part of a capacity building and performance solutions package to the US federal government market and beyond. The key responsibilities are discussed below.
- Provide the Dexis L&D Practice area with senior-level technical direction and leadership including support for all aspects of L&B portfolio such as program management, business development, technical development, program implementation, personnel, and budgetary and financial oversight.
- Provide direction and leadership of L&D Practice area staff to develop new proposals to achieve/target growth within US federal agency contracts as well as other federal or multilateral organizations based on Dexis five-year Corporate Strategy.
- As member of the Dexis Executive Management Team, develop program strategy for the Dexis L&D Practice area project portfolio
- Provide senior-level representation of the Dexis L&D Practice area with funding agencies, strategic program partners and other stakeholders at high profile technical meetings, events and forums. Interact and network with funding agencies, potential partners, competitors, and major international L&D groups to keep up on the latest developments in international programmatic and funding trends.
- Collaborate with strategic partners in Washington and globally on joint activities including technical presentations, small research projects, and policy briefs.
- Oversee the development of technical reports that ensures tracking, documentation and publications (where appropriate) of LCB projects best practices and lessons learned.
- Ensure that project tools, approaches, best practices and lessons learned from existing projects and programs are being adequately utilized.
- Contribute to positioning the L&B Practice area services as a strategic advantage for new business development
- Revenue responsibility in a mid- to large sized government contractor or international NGO (must)
- Direct experience of developing strategic plans, assessing competing priorities, allocating resources and successful financial management, demonstrable success in managing organizational change and its consequences;
- At least 10-15 years of progressive experience in curriculum design, e-Learning and instructional design technology
- Experience in the design and deployment of eLearning technologies for capacity building and performance improvement with medium to large sized operating units in commercial and/or federal sector
- Exposure to a range of learning management systems (LMS)
- Proven track record in building successful relationships with funding agencies, partners, and stakeholders in US federal government community.
- Credibility within foreign assistance and foreign affairs community in capacity building using learning technologies (desired)
- Experience as project manager on USAID and/or State Department funded projects (desired)
Dexis Consulting Group is a fast-growing international development consulting firm that provides economic revitalization services to developing regions worldwide; institutional support services to US federal agencies; and monitoring and evaluation services to measure project impact. Established in 2001, the firm has completed 200 assignments in over 50 countries. The companys head offices are in downtown Washington, DC. Dexis is an equal opportunity employer.