Sr Project Mgr-Elec Utility Industry
Company Name: City Light & Power, Inc.
Job Title: Sr. Project Manager - Electrical (Utility Industry)
Reports to: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Work Location: Aberdeen Area & Edgewood Area
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
Job Posting Date: 05/20/14
City Light & Power, Inc. is currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager to support our Eastern Region office in Aberdeen, MD by reporting directly to the Regional Manager and President. This senior management position will be in charge of a large, complex electrical utility upgrade project at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Harford County, MD. He/she will be responsible for the overall project direction including managing the project team, creating and maintaining strong relations with client/design team and ensuring the project stays on schedule and on track financially. This is a great opportunity for a strong leader with years of industry experience, poised to take their career to the next level with a company that has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader. We are particularly interested in candidates with a proven track record in the new construction of electrical utility transmission and distribution.
Project Management duties to include:
· Hire, manage and coordinate project team personnel and resources
· Enhance and maintain relationships with clients, designers, consultants
· Compile reports regarding financial performance of the project
· Attend and lead project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award
· Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with project Superintendents
· Perform constructability reviews
· Prepare trade contracts and bid packages, as well as oversee procurement process
· Oversee cost control and change management systems
· Set-up QAQC procedures and conduct quality inspections
· Communicate and enforce corporate Safety and Health Management Program
· Candidate must possess experience in understanding blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to view time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services.
· 5 years or more of experience in the Utility Industry and/or possessing knowledge of electric distribution, transmission and substation projects is preferred.
· Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products.
· Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project.
· Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field is preferred.
· Valid drivers license and ability to travel is required.
· Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
· Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
· Ability to delegate work appropriately.
· Willingness to undergo a background-check in order to obtain post clearance.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
Benefits & Compensation:
· Compensation will be based on qualifications.
· The company also offers a benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k with company contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.