The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) in Arlington, VA, a professional scientificsociety, seeks a Web/Database Developer to manage all aspects of developing, implementing, and enhancing data management for AAPS. The Web/Database Developer will work with a team on complex projects, applying both technical and communications skills to maximize the value of AAPS systems and services.
· Work with management and serve as primary contact for technical solutions for iMIS and application development for the Ektron system;
· Support, design, develop, and program and test database-driven website applications and forms;
· Identify and implement website enhancements;
· Coordinate with staff to write and maintain documentation;
· Proactively monitor for data integrity of the iMIS databases and create and maintain processes to support data integrity;
· Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues;
· Work with the Application developer to develop, troubleshoot, manage applications, and enhance technology systems and services;
· Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs;
· Assist staff with developing, maintaining reports using Crystal Reports and other reporting tools;
· Remain up to date on the latest web technology;
· Gather requirements and feedback from end users for projects; and
· Work with other developers and vendors to maintain documentation and versioning systems and/or process.
· Other responsibilities as appropriate and necessary to achieve department and AAPS goals and objectives.
· In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to :
o Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
o Interact professionally with other employees, members, volunteers, and vendors.
o Work effectively as a team contributor in all assignments.
o Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, members, and organizations.
· Experience with the following technologies: Association Management Systems (iMIS Preferred), SQL, Windows Operating Systems, and Crystal Reports.
· Strong technical experience with database analysis, using SQL utilities to monitor database performance and maintenance schedules.
· Experience with Ektron, inFormz, .Net, HTML, ASP, iMIS, IIS, and versioning applications preferred.
· Proven ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
· Ability to work independently and proactively.
· Bachelor's degree in related field.
· Two to four years related experience.
Majority of work is performed on a personal computer sitting at a desk for long periods of time throughout the day. May be expected to lift boxes up to 30 pounds. Travel to AAPS Annual Meeting and National Biotechnology Conference (NBC) as required. Evening and weekend work possible, particularly during the height of Annual Meeting and NBC. Standing for long periods of time and walking at meetings is required. Ability to remain professional in stressful and crisis situations is critical.
To apply please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please note the position title "Web/Database Developer" in the subject line.