Please go to www.crockett-facilities.com to apply.
HVAC Journeyman License (minimum)
Work location in Office Building Alexandria, VA
Must be able to qualify for a clearance if needed.
This is a skilled mechanical and electrical position, performing maintenance, installation, diagnosis and repair of air conditioning, heating and ventilating systems for commercial and industrial applications and other building equipment. The Engineer is responsible for the safe, efficient operation, maintenance and repair, and minimum downtime during their shift, of all equipment and building systems. This position reports to the Project Manager.
- Performs maintenance and service repairs on building mechanical and HVAC systems
- Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
- Operates, maintains, and adjusts all building equipment including boilers, turbines, pumps, HVAC units, lighting, and power equipment.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance as assigned
- Maintains accurate and timely paperwork.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Follows all safety practices and adhere to all safety related policies.
- Provides accurate and timely communications to Chief Engineer.
- Responds to emergency calls.
- Demonstrates initiative in assignments and maintains positive customer relations.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
High school graduate or other equivalent.
Must have a minimum of 7 years of actual, practical working experience in the plumbing and pipefitting and/or mechanical equipment service and maintenance industry.
Must have required unexpired state/licenses or certifications for building location. Must be willing to obtain and maintain required certifications.
Holds a Universal CFC certification
Must be familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures.
Ability to troubleshoot HVAC and building controls and systems.
Able to perform general building maintenance.
Experience with commercial/industrial equipment.
Basic computer skills
Self-starter with ability to work independently.
Must be able to lift 50 to 75 lbs.
Current drivers license and clean driving record.
Must be able to obtain a US government clearance.