Sofware Quality Assurance Manager
This is a professional position in the AIA Contract Documents Products and Services team in which the incumbent manages a range of hands-on software quality assurance (QA) responsibilities related to desktop and cloud-based AIA Contract Document applications.
The incumbent will work with the AIA Contract Documents team (software, technical support, marketing, education, and operations teams), AIA members and volunteers, and current and prospective software customers.
Procurement and Management of Vendors
- Manage contracts with AIAs globally distributed software quality assurance partners in the US and India.
- Lead any future procurement activities with software quality assurance partners.
- Manage day-to day work with software quality assurance partners conducting integration and performance testing for AIA software.
- Manage testing consultants.
Testing Program Management
- Develop test plans to accomplish AIA Contract Documents application quality goals.
- Manage user acceptance testing for the AIA, ensuring the acceptance of a defect-free product for general release to customers.
- Develop, review and execute test plans and test cases that ensure the product quality.
- Manage the maintenance and use of AIAs incident management systems,
- Manage the maintenance and update of AIAs library of test cases (maintained in Microsoft Team Foundation Server).
- Manage test automation preparation and update in order to maximize the effective use of automated testing.
- Work hands-on to record defects effectively and to mentor other staff engaged in black-box functional testing to record defects effectively.
- Communicate testing results proactively with the AIA Contract Documents staff.
- Engage the respective maintenance and enhancement teams to ensure their understanding of critical issues.
- Validate deployed software matches functional specifications, through robust test planning and execution.
- Develop innovative processes, communications, and metrics that result in process improvements and team accountability.
- Manage budget planning and execution for ACD5 software quality assurance.
Working with Staff and Customers
- Manage AIA staff testing of new product releases (including collecting and validating results).
- Manage alpha and beta trials for new product releases.
- Work closely with other departments including content production management, customer support, and operations to ensure that all phases of the software development life cycle are meeting or exceeding the requirements and quality standards.
- Work with Contract Documents Technical Support team to validate, replicate and resolve escalated technical issues.
- Occasionally work with customers to understand and resolve technical issues for escalated incidents.
- Monitor the resolution of incidents to ensure that incidents are all resolved in a prompt manner.
- Assist with ongoing budgeting and planning activities.
- Support the collection of best practices documents for the Technical Support team.
Technical and Organizational Proficiency
- Coordinate activities with AIA Information Technology department, Contract Documents Operations team, Advocacy team, Information Central and AIA vendors as assigned by the Managing Director AIA Products and Services.
- Achieve detailed understanding of technical support systems and processes, netFORUM Association Management Systems used by the AIA, the e-commerce systems employed by AIA to distribute, sell, and service AIA Contract Documents software, and AIAs sales policies and fulfillment system regarding contract documents software.
Contract Documents Operations staff
Software development partners
Manager, Product Supp or t
Direct or , Contract Documents Technical Supp or t
Director, Web Products
AIA Technical Customer Support Associates
AIA Contract Documents software customers
AIA Inf or mation Technology staff
AIA Documents Committee members
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities and Training and Experience:
· Demonstrated strong working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
· Familiar with modern test technologies and tools such as Selenium or Load Runner.
· Experience in leading test automation initiatives.
· Able to contribute and direct at all levels of testing including unit, functional, automation, performance and scalability testing.
· Technically hands-on, and with good project management skills.
· Be able to evaluate and lead test design and implementation.
· Familiar with all of the test-related aspects of the software development life cycle.
· Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills as necessary to effectively convey and discuss complex technical issues.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong customer interaction skills are important.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology with a minimum of seven years of experience of which 3-5 years in Software Quality Assurance. Occasion travel required. Must be able to travel internationally.
Supervis or y requirement: