Marketing Manager, Elec & Print Publications
Sales & Marketing
The American Psychological Association (APA), a leading scholarly and professional publisher in the behavioral and social sciences, seeks an experienced, innovative, and detail-oriented marketing professional to manage the marketing of its expanding APA Journals® program (currently more than 85 journals).
· Directly responsible for managing the creation and execution of comprehensive strategic marketing and promotion plans for the APA Journals publishing program in order to maximize subscription sales and extend the program brand. Such plans delineate for the journals product line both strategic and promotional strategies, including product positioning, target markets, competition, market trends, and promotional expenditures by media channel; they may also include marketing launch plans for new products and cross-product marketing initiatives.
· Analyzes, synthesizes, and reports on subscription, campaign, research, and customer data on a regular basis.
· Creates and manages an annual budget, identifying cost-effective approaches and regularly tracking expenses for and results of all marketing activities.
· Responsible for overseeing all internal and external marketing communications (including direct mail, email, electronic promotions, advertising, publicity, product marketing collateral, etc.) to increase paid new/renewal subscriptions from among APA members, other professionals, and institutions, as well as to promote co-publishing partnerships, solicit journal manuscript submissions, and communicate with subscription vendors.
· Collaborates with other marketing groups for cross-product line marketing planning.
· Conducts market and competitive research and analysis, and other related activities to inform product development, positioning, and sales.
· Directly supervises an assistant marketing manager.
· Occasional travel to conferences and vendor offices.
· Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred.
· Minimum of 7 years in marketing field, preferably in a publishing environment.
· Background in strategic and tactical marketing planning, direct response and analysis, and subscription analysis. Familiarity with market research techniques and analysis.
· Supervisory experience.
· Excellent written and oral communications are critical.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APAs Career Space portal and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.