Community Manager (PD14-20)
Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County
Announcement Number: PD14-20
Position Title: Community Manager
Division/Department: Property Management
Location of Job: Waverly House
This position reports to the HUB Property Manager and is responsible for the direct supervision of maintenance staff and the service needs of assigned properties. The Community Manager conducts annual and daily property inspections, schedules contractor work, assigns work orders and assures the maintenance work is completed timely and in accordance with agency quality customer service standards. Responsibilities also include program compliance, maintenance of property and resident files. Under the guidance of the Property Manager, this position also performs daily operations of the portfolio to include leasing activities, rent collection, lease enforcement and respond to resident complaints. Will also serve as primary backup for the HUB Property Manager and from time to time may be required to fill in at other HUB locations to direct property management activities. Other duties may be assigned.
· Requires an Associates Degree or 2 years of college (BA/BS Degree preferred)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Property Management industry
· Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
· Financial Analysis, Budgeting, P&L Management skills
· Experience in Tax Credit, Housing Choice Voucher and Affordable Housing is preferred
· Knowledge of industry software systems; preferably Yardi
· Strong computer skills required (MS Office Suite)
· Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
· Ability to deal tactfully, effectively and courteously with the general public
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
HOC conducts criminal background checks, employment reference checks, and where applicable, reviews driving records in determining suitability for employment. Selected applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Employment is contingent upon drug and alcohol test results.
Eligible Applicants: Unlimited
Position Number and Grade: MA95, Grade 21
Drivers License: Required
Financial Disclosure: None
Posting Date: March 31, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume or application to the Human Resources Office. Please reference the Position Title and Position Number on your resume and/or cover letter when applying for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: HOC Career and Term employees must submit employment applications within 5 business days of posting Date in order to receive first consideration.
HOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.