Senior Financial Analyst
Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County
Announcement Number: PD14-45
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Division/Department: Real Estate Development
Location of Job: Kensington
Description: This position is responsible for preparing proformas and conducting financial analysis for the acquisition, rehabilitation or development of existing or new multifamily rental properties. Requires strong Excel and financial modeling skills. Will analyze development alternatives for mixed income housing developments involving multiple financing sources, to confirm feasibility and consistency with the state mission. Financing might include tax exempt bonds, local, state, and tax credit partnerships. Prepare action items for Commission Agenda.
· Requires Bachelor's degree in finance or related field (Masters degree preferred).
· Minimum of three years experience in the field of real estate planning, development, financing or related field.
· Must have knowledge of underwriting practices.
· Must have knowledge of real estate finance with emphasis on affordable housing finance.
· Must have extensive experience in Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to develop financial spreadsheets.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills needed.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
HOC conducts criminal background checks, employment reference checks, and where applicable, reviews driving records in determining suitability for employment. Selected applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Employment is contingent upon drug and alcohol test results.
Eligible Applicants: Unlimited
Minimum Starting Salary: $59,077
Position Number and Grade: DA16, Grade26
Drivers License: License Required
Financial Disclosure: Confidential Required
Posting Date: June 9, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume or application to the Human Resources Office. Please reference the Position Title and Position Number on your resume and/or cover letter when applying for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: HOC Career and Term employees must submit employment applications within 5 business days of Posting Date in order to receive first consideration.
HOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.