Senior Network Administrator (Cisco)
Function and Scope:
The Sr. Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining the American College of Cardiology's network and server infrastructure. This includes wired, wireless, storage, and Windows server environments. The role will actively manage the availability and monitoring systems, assist with implementing new technologies, maintaining and providing top tier support. Position requires off-hours work for repairs, updates, patches, and maintenance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform network change request. This includes switch, router, and firewall technologies from Cisco.
- Perform load balancing change request. This includes load balancing technologies from F5.
- Perform troubleshooting on all network technologies. This includes switches, routers, wireless, ISP connections, and WAN connections. The network admin should have a solid grasp of OSPF and BGP routing technologies. Plus how to troubleshoot complex networking issues.
- Monitor and maintain network management tools on a daily basis. (SolarWinds NPM and Whats Up Gold) and provide performance and availability reports to IT management.
- Provision and set up virtual servers in VMWare environment and occasionally install physical servers (rack and stack), cable, install OS, and documenting systems.
- Proficient in Windows OS installation and server setup. Follow ACC/NIST server guidelines for provisioning, hardening, and deploying servers.
- Apply latest critical and security patches to servers and appliances and upgrade server applications.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network and servers for issues, errors, problems, etc. Triage issues, escalate as needed and monitor to resolution.
- Monitor and manage system backups.
- Monitor and analyze server event logs with third party tools, triage problems and inform appropriate departments/teams of issues and monitor until resolution.
- Monitor enterprise anti-virus console for all servers, review anti-virus logs and reports for issues and resolve.
- Ensure all policies and procedures meet HIPPA and PCI compliance and are enforced.
- Coordinate the repair of network and server equipment failures, provide on-call and off-hours support as required.
- Manage file servers/systems including permissions and access. This includes MS File Share servers, CIFs, NAS, etc.
- Provide top tier technical support to IT Helpdesk staff and assist with complex issues and resolutions.
- Assist IT management with registering, tracking, and renewing equipment maintenance contracts and network software licensing and inventory.
- Process new hires, employee changes and separations including network and telephone account creations/modifications and coordination of equipment configuration and installation.
- Implement new technologies and solutions collaboratively with IT division and business line staff.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 + years experience with Datacenter and Server Support with 100+ servers.
- 2 + years experience with Rack mount and blade server platforms).
- 2 + years experience with VMWare ESX/i provisioning, administration and configuration.
- 3 + years experience with `Microsoft Server 2008/R2 administration, patching, upgrades, installation, monitoring and support.
- 2 + years experience with Active Directory, group policy and DNS.
- Syslog and/or Server Event Monitoring Tools
- MS Server patching experience (Experience with third party tools preferred)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Participation in occasional evening and weekend hours for patching, updates, and projects.
- Ability to analyze IT Operations activities and offer new approaches to provide efficiencies.
- Ability to follow procedures, checklists and guidelines.
- Ability to effectively document processes, procedures and application and network environment.
- Third Party tools for Server and Data backups experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack and OSI model.
- Security CISSP Certification
- Major Manufacturer Certification. MCSE, CCNA, Exchange MCITP, VCP, etc.
- SAN Technologies: EMC CX/VNX, Data Domain, iSCSI and Fiber Channel (Cisco MDS).
- VOIP/Unified Communications: Cisco Call Manager and Suite or equivalent
- Cisco LAN Switch/Router Configurations/NAC
- Cisco Firewall Configuration
The American College of Cardiology (ACC), a 43, 000 member nonprofit medical society, is dedicated to enhancing the lives of cardiovascular patients through continuous quality improvement, patient-centered care, payment innovation and professionalism. The ACC provides professional education and operates national registries for the measurement and improvement of quality care.
ACC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous retirement plan, commuting subsidies, flexible work schedules, and more. For more information, please visit www.cardiosource.org/YourACC
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE. M/F/D/V