Advanced Arthritis Solutions is seeking an experienced Medical Office Coordinator to handle front desk duties for our rapidly growing Rheumatology practice.
This role requires someone who is composed, provides excellent customer service and is comfortable working in a busy medical office environment.
The duties involve greeting and registering patients, handling telephone calls, and ensuring an efficient and positive experience for our patients.
Experience with computers, multi-line telephones and medical insurance requirements are also important for this role. Prior Medical office or Health-related office experience required.
• Answer multi-line phone taking messages and making new and return patient appointments.
• Schedule new patient appointment which includes collecting all the patient’s demographic information along with insurance information, referring physician information and primary care doctors information.
• Responsible for ensuring records are requested and received prior to the patient’s appointment.
• Greet patients in a professional and courteous manner at check-in, verifying patient demographics and insurance information is complete and accurate.
• Ensure all paperwork is complete and scanned into the patient’s chart. Also scans in the insurance cards and referral to the patient’s chart.
• Collect co-pays and Time of Service payments from patients that are self-pay and makes certain that the patient receives a receipt.
• Collect any past due amounts from the patients at the time of check in.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with current and potential Referral sources.
• Using an Excel Sheet gather referring physician information.
• Complete all job duties in a manner that meets the accepted standards of practice.
• Communicate with patients in courteous and professional manner with attention to service excellence standards, returns patient phone calls received to address patient related issues.