Construction Project Coordinator
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT COORDINATOR for fast-paced COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION company based in Washington DC.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs administrative and technical tasks from project mobilization through closeout for multiple commercial construction projects of varying scale and scope typically ranging $1Mil to $30Mil. Job is performed in-office and on-site and includes such tasks as: preparing submittals, RFIs, change orders, scheduling assistance, contracts administration, project system updates, invoicing reconciliation, processing owner and subcontract AIA bills, subcontract coordination, order processing, cost engineering and other project related tasks.
· At least two years experience performing the job described above for commercial projects of minimum $5Mil contract value within the DC, MD & VA area. Project experience with school construction, libraries, recreation centers, and public facilities is preferred.
· Experience reading and interpreting construction documents to include drawings, bids, schedules, specifications and contracts.
· Experience writing professional business correspondence and preparing presentations.
· Proficient in full Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point & Project Manager) and project management software applications such as Timberline, Prolog, etc.
· College degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related concentration preferred.
· Drafting skills a plus.
· Exceptional organization skills with keen attention to detail, deadlines and accuracy.
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer