Justice Federal Credit Union, a full service credit union servicing the Justice and Law Enforcement communities of the federal government seeks, an experienced Internal Auditor who will be responsible for annual internal audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards. In this standalone position, the Internal Auditor will report directly to the Supervisory Committee. The role requires a self-starter with excellent time management, oral and written communication skills, and the highest level of integrity.
Duties for this position include:
- Draft and execute the annual audit plan.
- Based on risk assessment, draft audit programs and conduct fieldwork to include sampling as needed.
- Brief the auditee and the Supervisory Committee on findings, and draft a formal written report with recommendations.
- Assist in providing information to external examiners, auditors, and CPA firms as requested.
- Conduct internal investigations into reported employee/member concerns.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, and 3+ years’ internal audit experience to include auditing within a bank or credit union environment.
- Familiarity with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) helpful.
- Financial and operational internal audit experience is preferred.
- Overnight travel up to 25% to the organizations’ various branches nationwide is required.
- Must be a US Citizen and the ability to obtain government security clearance is required.
Justice FCU offers a competitive salary, relocation expenses, and one of the best benefits package around that includes generous leave, (including your birthday!), 401(k) with excellent employer match, health, dental and prescription coverage, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities, and more!