Business Development Executive
As a key member of the Marketing and Business Development team, the Business Development Executive is responsible for helping generate new business for the firm through targeted approaches and coordinated cross-selling strategies. He/she will work closely with industry sector leaders, other key attorneys, and marketing department colleagues to ensure an organized, holistic and client-focused strategy is developed and executed in expanding firm relationships and service offerings. The Business Development Executive will also leverage personal referral, industry-based and other business community networks to help drive new business opportunities for the firm. Reports to the Head of Business Development.
- Leads the business development planning and activities of the key industry sector, practice area, and office teams to which assigned, through close collaboration with team leadership and other key attorneys.
- Identifies areas for expanded services offerings to existing clients, and through consultative sales approach, coordinates follow-on activities with the industry sector, practice and geographic attorney groups.
- Develops and manages a proactive and organized sales process and pipeline, and tracks achievement against strategic objectives and business plan.
- Ensures close coordination and collaboration with marketing colleagues to promote integrated support to business development efforts.
- Works with industry sector teams and practice area senior attorneys to ensure the identification, development, growth and promotion of high value services.
- Engaged in continual pursuit of key industry sector and legal issue knowledge and trends, and translates this understanding into execution of thought leadership programs to highlight firm expertise.
- Actively participates in increasing the firms visibility in target industry sectors and markets through networking, holding leadership roles in influential organizations, and developing high-value opportunities and business connections for attorneys.
- Provides sales and business development coaching, and occasional formal training, to selected attorneys, and assists them in meeting agreed upon goals toward becoming more effective in sales techniques and client relations.
- Gathers intelligence on emerging market and industry trends to provide attorneys with an understanding of the competitive landscape and to position the firm for increased effectiveness in winning new business.
- Helps create and foster a business development culture which embraces a strategic, proactive and client-centric approach in assisting attorneys with identifying, actively pursuing and closing new business opportunities.
· and other duties as assigned.
· Minimum five years of business development/sales experience, preferably in a law firm, or selling to law firms, or other professional services organization.
· Strong business acumen and an understanding of major industry sector trends.
· Excellent presentation, communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal and leadership skills required to work closely with attorneys and senior executives on a routine basis.
· Strong attention to detail and sound organizational abilities.
· Ability to quickly develop rapport and gain respect at all levels of an organization.
· Extensive experience and proven success with formulating, implementing and sustaining client development efforts, and in building/expanding client relationships.
· Must be a self-starter and self-motivated, with a team oriented attitude.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Include Education, Certifications and/or Experience/Skills)
· Bachelors Degree preferred; post-graduate degree preferred.
· Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm (1-hour lunch break). Must be flexible to work additional hours.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.