Direct Support Professional
Growing Independent, High-Quality Lives for Individuals with Disabilities
Direct Support Professional Opportunity In:
Northern Virginia - A Variety of Shifts and Locations Available
The Direct Support Professional acts as a mentor, teacher, and support to individuals with intellectual and other types of developmental disabilities to assist them to live, learn and work successfully as an active part of their communities.
The Direct Support Professional provides supports as needed, whether in individual’s homes, day services locations and/or community settings, to transform lives and help each individual reach their full potential, while always taking into consideration their dreams and goals for their own lives.
· Applicants must be of unquestionable character as determined by personal references and background checks. Applicants must supply sufficient recommendations to support the fact that maturity, integrity and dependability are hallmarks of his/her personality.
· Applicant is able to project a professional image while interfacing with the community
· Applicant demonstrates ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Can effectively express oneself in written reports, including electronic reporting of documentation
· Capable of working responsibly with highly confidential information
· Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, push, lift, pull, reach, sit and walk for periods of time
· Attends and engages in mandatory and other agency training opportunities
· Must be able to implement proper support techniques when intervening with individuals
· Preferably one full year successful experience working with people with intellectual and/or other types of developmental disabilities
· Must have high school diploma or equivalent