Litigation Legal Secretary
The Washington, DC office seeks of a large, global firm located in the heart of DC is seeking a legal secretary to provide clerical and administrative support as required to assigned litigation attorneys.
- Prepare attorneys correspondence, and other legal documents as requested.
- Manage attorneys' calendars, including business development activities.
- Enter attorney time in Carpe Diem as requested.
- Schedule meetings and make travel arrangements.
- Establish, develop, maintain and update filing system for the attorneys. Retrieve information from files when needed.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of email and phone calls.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Revise general correspondence and memos.
- Proofread correspondence for spelling and grammar, makes appropriate changes.
- Complete check requests and expense reports.
- Assist other secretaries, administrative assistants and paralegals when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Advance knowledge preferred.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, formatting, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must have good command of the English language, both oral and written. Excellent spelling and grammar skills a must.
- Must have excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills to interact with partners, associates, staff and clients.
- Analytical ability is required in order to find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work.
- Must be able to work independently, exhibit professionalism and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must demonstrate high degree of responsibility and dedication.
- Must be flexible for overtime.
- Timely attendance required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience as an antitrust secretary in a legal environment preferred.
- Work experience in a legal or professional services environment preferred.