Clinical Information Specialist
The EMMES Corporation, organized in 1977, is a privately owned Contract Research Organization (CRO) located in Rockville, Maryland. EMMES is dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems development, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance and overall operational support to clients engaged in clinical and biomedical research. EMMES is seeking a Clinical Information Specialist/Steering Committee Coordinator.
Scientific Steering Committees at NCI are charged with developing and prioritizing large phase II and phase III oncology trials. The Clinical Information Specialist/Steering Committee Coordinator works closely with the NCI to provide scientific, logistical and administrative support the Committees.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicates continuously and effectively with the NCI and Committee membership
- Plans and coordinates all regularly scheduled and ad-hoc conference calls
- Develops, drafts and distributes scientific meeting agenda and materials
- Drafts and distributes scientific minutes of each conference call
- Tracks action items
- Tracks member participation, conflict of interest and confidentiality forms
- Coordinates and facilitates concept evaluations
- Attends in-person meetings; drafts and distributes scientific meeting reports
- Develops and/or maintains SharePoint Site
- Retrieves information and generates reports from databases (i.e. clinical trial accrual updates, active trials, etc.)
- Bachelors degree (in a scientific discipline preferred) with two years of professional experience in a scientific or health related position or Masters degree (in a science or health related discipline preferred) in lieu of professional experience.
- Experience in scientific or technical writing preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; familiarity with SharePoint preferred
- Strong organizational, time management, and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize various, ongoing projects
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: professionalism, accountability and customer service
- Experience with clinical research preferred
EMMES has an outstanding benefits package including: generous tuition reimbursement, professional development and training programs.
*For immediate consideration please submit your resume and apply directly through the company website at www.emmes.com.
Please visit our website at www.emmes.com for additional information on our company, studies and history.
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
EMMES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employee EOE/M/F/D/V