Construction Project Manager
The Relentlessly Proactive Project Manager
· Develops solutions to make sure that issues never become problems.
· Studies bid specs carefully, looking for potential issues before we ever start the job.
· Asks lots of questions and sees things that other firms miss.
· Studies drawings and documents in detail and ask lots of “what-if” questions.
· Is exceptionally well prepared for interviews.
· Develops contingency plans in advance – just in case an item on the critical path is delayed.
· Understands the subcontractor scope and contracts, and identifies opportunities and risks.
· Holds our subcontractors to the same standard of being Relentlessly Proactive.
· Makes sure that our client never has to wonder what is happening with their job. We would rather over-communicate than under-communicate.
· Does whatever it takes to deliver on our promise.
Managing Projects - The BOGNET Way
Build Long Term Relationships
· Business Development
· Develop a comprehensive Business Development plan to generate at least $2M in business.
· Attend at least one networking event per month.
· Attend interviews as required to close new business.
· Attend industry, social and non-profit events to build relationships and identify new opportunities.
· Proactively build and sustain relationships with targeted clients.
· Initiate new projects with architects, engineers and owners.
· Successfully identify and develop a specific niche.
· Proactively communicate with the client team at all times.
· Plan the work with close communication with the subcontractors.
· Proactively develop relationships with the subcontractor community.
· Track and procure new work through the subcontractor community.
· Return phone calls as if the subcontractor was a client.
· Ensure that subcontractor invoices are reviewed and approved within 5 business days.
Operate as One Team
· Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the status of every project under your control.
· Properly plan, schedule, and track project and materials delivery to ensure that Bognet commitments are met.
· Work with on-site Superintendents to deliver the highest possible quality and customer satisfaction.
· Build strong win-win relationships with other departments within Bognet, including accounting, marketing, business development, estimating, and superintendents.
Go the Extra Mile
· Ensure that every project is managed to maximize client satisfaction.
· Ensure that the project quality control plan is in effect and followed.
· Ensure that the punch list is completed to the client’s satisfaction.
· Submit project change orders to clients within one week of request.
· Complete and distribute meeting minutes within 48 hours of progress meetings.
· Return all calls and e-mails within 24 hours.
· Prepare, complete, and submit O&M manuals to clients within 30 days of substantial completion.
· Proactively monitor the progress of the project through updated schedules.
· Resolve scope problems with subcontractors.
· Review and ensure that the safety plan is in place prior to starting work.
· Ensure that the field staff is administering the safety plan.
Never Stop Improving
· Initiate development program to build professional and managerial skills.
· This should include certifications such as LEED.
· Read local business and relevant construction trade publications.
· Initiate suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
· Research and maintain technological excellence in their work environment.
Engineer Win-Win Solutions
· Identify, document and plan to avoid risk.
· Negotiate changes to the Bognet subcontract with approval from higher authority.
· Successfully complete projects to maximize profit and client satisfaction.
· Identify creative ways to deliver additional profit if possible.
· Minimize profit fade.
· Ensure accuracy in the budget projections.
· Manage projects to maximize positive cash flow.
· Ensure that project invoices are submitted to clients by the 25th of each month.
· Collect Accounts Receivables within 45 days of project completion.
· Ensure that pending Accounts Payables are turned into Accounting within 15 days of receipt.
· Identify and negotiate time extensions where justified and or allowed.
· Complete all activities with a pride of ownership “as if it was your name on the door.”
· Participate in company-wide events, such as meetings, socials, etc.
· Ensure company contractual standards are being met prior to performing work.
· Demonstrate adherence to and performance in keeping with the goals of Bognet’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and Affirmative Action obligations.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Must have commercial tenant interior construction experience.
· Must reside in the Washington metropolitan area. Candidates outside this area will not be considered.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must know Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Project) and Sage300/Timberline Project Management.
· Must be self-motivated & punctual.
· Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
· Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
**Please be sure to attach your resume when applying for the position.**