Branch Support Rep. - PT, Washington, DC
Pentagon Federal Credit Union serves over 1 million members in the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense, defense-related companies, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars. We were federally chartered in 1935 and serve our members worldwide.
Pentagon Federal Credit Union is one of the strongest and safest financial institutions with more than $18 Billion in assets. We offer mortgages, credit cards, automobile loans, personal loans, checking, money market savings, and other accounts.
We have immediate openings for a Part-Time Branch Support Representative positions at our Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington, DC office location.
The incumbent performs the duties of a Member Service Rep, a Head Teller, or a Teller to provide support in the absence of assigned staff and is responsible for adhering to the PenFed compliance program and for following all credit union and compliance policies and procedures.
As a Member Service Rep:
• Assists members with and explains all PenFed loan and share products.
• Cross-sells PenFed loans and share products as appropriate.
• Prepares loan documents for review and disbursement as necessary.
• Maintains knowledge of operation, service, security, balancing procedures and rules and regulations regarding all branch operations.
• Inputs and updates loan and share data into an automated system.
• Maintains a current knowledge of outside competitive products.
• Balances loan disbursements.
As Head Teller:
• Ensures the accuracy of monies received and disbursed, validated receipts and tape summaries of teller transactions.
• Determines cash needed for each day's business and disburses from vault as needed, maintaining records of all disbursements.
• Assists tellers when questions arise concerning checks or share withdrawals and authorizes transactions.
• Maintains records of deposits, withdrawals, money orders, travelers checks, and share drafts.
• Ensures the security of monies, checks, money orders and equipment in the teller station.
• Determines loan payoffs, cashes checks, furnishes loan and share balances, provides account numbers, and disburses share withdrawals after verifying proper identification.
• Balances cash drawer on a daily basis and prepares settlement sheets.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Faxes rate sheets to the branches.
• Orders supplies and sorts the mail for the branch.
• This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties.
Associates degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
Two years related work experience required.
Knowledge of PenFed share and loan products and procedures preferred
Must possess mobility and stamina to work in a standard office setting.
Employees must be able to use standard office equipment including, but, not limited to computer, printer, and calculator.
Employee may have to lift items up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
May need the ability to raise arms about their head.
Must be able to bend to file documents and retrieve filed documents.
Adequate hearing and speech to communicate with our members and/or staff on the phone or in person.
This statement is not an all inclusive list of physical requirements, but, is in general, covering most areas of the job. PenFed will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to an employee with a physical, mental or sensory disability in order to allow that employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
We can offer you:
- Challenging intellectual environment that requires both individual contribution and team collaboration.
- Generous education assistance program.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses.
- Immediate enrollment in 401(k) plan with company match (100% of first 4% you contribute) after 6 months on the job.
- An offer of employment, and continued employment, is contingent on satisfactory results from a credit check, criminal background check and verification of previous education & job experience.
Equal opportunity Employer: M/F/V/D.