Network Administrator I
This position provides Network administration and Help Desk support for a Microsoft Windows Environment. The ideal candidate will be reliable and have a strong sense of responsibility. They will possess strong technical skills and the ability to follow up on issues to ensure resolution.
* Oversee day-to-day operations of computer networks including hardware/software support.
* Support, maintain, and evaluate computer networking systems and software.
* Install, configure, and maintain both physical and virtual computer servers.
* Create and maintain user accounts, profiles, and Email accounts.
* Provides file sharing rights, access privileges and security.
* Provide remote technical support for users.
* Assist in coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, services and support.
* Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
* Research and troubleshoot information technology issues as required.
* Lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
* Occasional local travel to sites within Metro area.
* Reports to the Network Manager.
* Minimum 1-2 year in a network administration position.
* Microsoft Windows environment (Server 2003 and higher)
* Experienced with Virtualized and Terminal Server environments.
*Strong working knowledge of MS Active Directory and MS Exchange Server required.
* Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
* Extensive end-user systems experience.
* Excellent customer service and oral communication skills.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical, evaluative, and technical problem-solving abilities.
* Technical knowledge of current computer networks and desktop hardware, protocols, and standards.
* MCSE and Network+ computer certificates are a plus.
* Have access to reliable transportation and be available for occasional evening/weekend tasks.
* Able to pass a drug test and background check.