Essential Functions of Consumer Assessment/Movement:
* Monitors transition and adjustment to program
* Coordinates with IDT and external agencies for consumers on temporary leave receiving alternative treatments to ensure all appropriate supports are in place when consumer returns to program.
* Ensures discharge planning is part of ongoing assessment/service planning process and includes all members of the team.
* Research possible resources that could benefit the consumer at time of discharge.
* Provides support to QMRP in development of objective(s) that socially/emotionally prepare consumer for discharge.
* Reviews discharge summary to ensure it accurately describes the individual, the services provided, and the services that continue to be needed
* Coordinates with QMRP to ensure reports are forwarded to relevant providers and family members (with consent of consumer/AR).
Essential Functions of Facilitation of Interdisciplinary Team
* Ensures family members, advocates, guardians, and/or authorized representatives are involved in the decision making process.
* Collaborates with the team to monitor that active treatment is consistently implemented in all relevant settings, both formally and informally
* Collaborates with all members of the IDT to ensure reassessments are performed, as needed, in order to develop a Master Plan of Care (ISP).
* Schedules IDT meetings and takes meeting minutes that reflect the views of all parties.
* Works with the IDT to refer consumers to other professionals as needed.
Essential Functions of Linking/Advocating
* Serves as an additional support/contact for consumers and families.
* Researches options for authorized representatives and assists consumers with obtaining/appointing an AR following CR and LHRC guidelines.
Essential Functions of Case Management
* Completes all benefit paperwork for assigned consumers
* Works with QMRP to ensure appropriate procedures are followed for payment for medical bills.
* Familiar with resources that can be accessed to meet consumer's needs
* Monitors consumer's receipt of personal spending allowance to ensure appropriate usage of consumer fund per Medicaid guidelines and funds do not exceed the amount designated to maintain necessary benefit status.
* Serves as a resource in planning vacations, family events, group and individual outings and accesses resources to reduce costs to consumer/agency.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in Social work (BSW) and 2-4 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or in a related area. MSW Preferred.
Should be able to provide physical intervention and requires some lifting.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Social Work & Admissions.
Please submit all applications via our web-site at https://registrations.communityresidences.org/application_page1.php