Tester/Federal Financial Systems
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for considering The MIL Corporation. At MIL, we recognize the challenge that candidates face! Therefore, we invite you to take an in-depth look into employment at MIL. The position below is solsely an introduction to what MIL has to offer. We firmly believe our website offers candidates a chance to gain a greater understanding of the MIL experience, as well as to consider the full-range of our career opportunities.
Please visit our website (www.milcorp.com) to learn more about our culture and commitment to both our customers and employees.
The MIL Recruiting Team
We are seeking Testers who have performed financial systems testing (i.e.: Momentum) for an exceptional opportunity with one of our federal government clients in Rosslyn, VA.
As a member of the Systems Development and Maintenance team, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to lead test efforts related to the upgrade of a core financial system that uses Momentum software. The candidate should be familiar with all stages of the SDM process and have experience with Momentum upgrades. Candidate should be familiar with creating and updating a project plan and providing accurate verbal and written detailed status reports to senior management. Core duties include the following test related functions: creating test plans, creating test scripts, executing manual and automated test scripts, and documenting results. The candidate should have the proven ability to establish a rapport with clients since the candidate will work with clients to review test plans to verify adequate coverage of business processes and to ensure the business requirements are satisfied by the system.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing requirements elicitation and analysis via various techniques (user groups, interviews, regulatory research, etc.);
- Creating and maintaining requirements traceability matrices;
- Reviewing design documents;
- Testing applications and documenting results;
- Providing subject matter expertise on software functionality and business processes.
- A four year degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, accounting, or a related field such as business administration. Candidates who possess a degree other than the three previously listed will require at least 1 year experience in testing or supporting accounting systems;
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Strong functional knowledge of Momentum software, especially in a testing capacity. Experience testing interfaces and creating test plans that cover end-to-end testing across multiple applications;
- Significant prior experience with the standard software development lifecycle (analysis/design, development, testing, implementation, support);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor;
- Must have experience testing a financial system within the federal sector
Position requires U.S. Citizenship and a current Secret Clearance, or the ability to obtain a Clearance. Please note that the clearance process takes into account both criminal and financial background aspects.
Above and beyond this immediate opportunity, MIL is a company that has plenty to offer employees on a broader scale. MIL offers employment stability, particularly for employees who are focused and dedicated. The key to our success (34 years in business) is based on some very basic business practices: maintaining core areas of business; employee longevity; employee training and development, which results in “upward mobility;" and employee “quality of life.” To learn more about MIL, visit our web site: www.milcorp.com.
Send resume with cover letter conveying depth of testing experience and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals Only! Inquiries from 1099s, Staffing Agencies and Recruiting Firms unwelcome.