Advancement and Alumni Relations Job Category:
Classified Staff Job Type:
Full-Time Work Schedule:
Full-time (1.0 FTE, 40 hrs/wk) Location:
Fairfax Telework Friendly:
Yes Pay Band:
Salary commensurate with education and experience Criminal Background Check:
Yes Financial Background Check:
Yes About the Department:
George Mason University Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-private foundation and a private corporation organized and operated exclusively for the benefit of George Mason University. The Foundation manages, invests, and administers private gifts, including endowments and real property. About the Position:
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this position provides financial support to the accounting department within the Foundation. The position reconciles cash, manages the cash flow, and provides support for the external audit and various other projects. Responsibilities:
- Complete daily cash reporting and monthly reconciliation of multiple cash accounts. Daily tasks include running bank account activity reports and identifying wire/ACH/EFT and direct banking activity; collecting related wire/ACH/EFT paperwork and coding banking activity to send to the gifts processing team on the same business day; and processing cash receipts for direct banking activity for review by supervisor. Update Abila MIP cash reconciliation module daily for cleared checks and other posted activity. On a weekly basis, run Mercatus Eagle Bank banking reports and distribute to gift processing. Within 5 days of the gift processing monthly close, complete all bank reconciliations. Prepare reconciliation spreadsheets and journal entries and cash receipts for review by supervisor. Post journal entries and cash receipts to update records in the GL. File all documents on a timely basis;
- Process of cash receipt batches and imports of gift batches, including iModules and fee utilities; preparation and posting of cash receipts and journal entries;
- Process outgoing wires and ACHs, reviews OFAC documentation for international wires and perform quarterly OFAC review on donations;
- Monthly review of pledge activity to ensure consistency between Advance and MIP and the appropriate recording of pledge payments vs. gifts including monthly review of fund allocation for all pledges;
- Financial audit participation and special assignments as requested by supervisor, Assistant Controller and Controller; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Previous work experience in a financial environment;
- General accounting experience and knowledge;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to organize work and manage overlapping tasks; and
- Ability to utilize excel, online banking systems, accounting databases, and fundraising databases in completion of tasks.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Bachelor's degree in related field;
- Experience or familiarity with a university foundation;
- One or more years of general accounting experience;
- Knowledge of financial reconciliations and familiarity with cash, online banking, and accounts receivable; and
- Knowledge of Abila MIP or Salesforce/Affinaquest.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for the Accounting Generalist Cash
; complete and submit the online application; and provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Posting Open Date:
November 20, 2023 For Full Consideration, Apply by:
December 4, 2023 Open Until Filled?:
YesMason Ad Statement
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.Equity Statement
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/