Regional Campuses Classification:
GMU Worker Job Category:
Part-Time / Hourly Wage Job Type:
Manassas / Sci-Tech Telework Friendly:
Salary commensurate with education and experienceCriminal Background Check:
Yes About the Position:
The George Mason University Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center invites applications for the Fitness Floor Attendant position.
All shifts are available - mornings, evenings, and weekends. Responsibilities:
- Supervise the fitness floor (i.e., cardio room, weight room, and track);
- Maintain a clean work environment; and
- Assist members and guests with their needs.
- The understanding of exercise and the use of exercise equipment;
- Energetic, dependable, and flexible;
- Must have current (or must be able to obtain) CPR/First Aid/AED (Automated External Defibrillator) certifications; and
- Must be able to safely and independently move up to 50 pounds, and perform light maintenance.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Personal training certification from a nationally accredited organization is a plus!
For full consideration, applicants must apply for Fitness Floor Attendant
; complete and submit the online application; and provide a resume and a list of three professional references with contact information. Posting Open Date:
November 21, 2023 For Full Consideration, Apply by:
January 1, 2024 Open Until Filled?:
YesMason Ad Statement
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.Equity Statement
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/