Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Sponsor in their responsibilities through software development for the acquisition, analysis, transformation, normalization, and loading of a vast array of data types.
- The office engineers, operates, and maintains a large data lake and platform to make the data available to the rest of the Sponsor's organization.
- Responsible for compliance with the Sponsor's Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process and for providing for the appropriate documentation through the various facets of this process.
- Responsible for capturing metrics and building dashboards to help the team make more informed business decisions and is responsible for performing configuration management activities for the documentation control of the Sponsor's systems and processes.
- Perform schema development and updates for the Data Warehouse.
- Schemas include email, event, conversation, document, relationship, person, account, credential, call, chat, translation, transcription, device, contact, location, or archive.
- Perform extract, transform and load (ETL) development for the data ingest pipeline, integrating and updating workflow orchestration for the data ingest pipeline to perform API service development and updates.
- Shall use the following technologies: Relational Data Stores (e.g., Oracle 21c), NiFi, Kafka, Elastic MapReduce (EMR) Hbase, Elastic, Splunk, Java, Python, and Spring to instrument and update the Data Catalog for data metrics, using Splunk and MySQL.
- Requires an active Top Secret/SCI + Poly clearance.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience performing ETL activities including, but not limited to, parser development and deployment; data flow management; implementing data lifecycle policies; troubleshooting data access issues; and developing data models.
- Experience performing data migration including the design, implementation, and management of migration efforts.
- Experience using and applying Splunk.
- Experience developing and deploying code in a cloud-based environment.
- Experience using Java, Python, Spring, Kafka, Elastic, and EMR Hbase
- Experience using Jira, Elasticsearch, NiFi, MySQL, Oracle, Kubernetes or other container solution, or Apache Spark.
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our team in Chantilly, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Chantilly, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is Monday- Friday, dayshift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI + Poly Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.