Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate status updates and communicate task status to task owners.
- Provide end-user support to resolve technical problems related to standalone operating systems and IT applications.
- Perform system administration functions on NE-MA standalone Windows (7, 10) and Redhat Linux based operating systems and applications.
- Develop IT operating procedures, techniques, and baseline configuration guides.
- Manage and secure VMWARE virtual images Linux and Windows based systems utilizing STIGs and industry standard practices.
- Perform operations, and maintenance support on standalone Laptop PC and systems.
- Provide technical support on digital cameras and media.
- Assist with logistical support for the issuance, tracking, shipping, and receiving of personal computers, laptops, Cameras, and digital media.
- Participate and assist in researching IT solutions in support of technology refresh as required to support IT system development and life cycle activities.
- Create and distribute operating system image on standalone laptop PCs.
- Install, configure, manage baseline operating systems, and NE-MA supported applications.
- Troubleshoot operating system and NE-MA application faults, and errors.
- Support Government mandated IT Security policies and procedures.
- Interface with Information System Security Managers and Officers in support all applicable IT security policies and procedures.
- Perform media protection in accordance with DOD security policies, and degauss and wipe hard drives as required.
- Perform vulnerability scans of operating system utilizing approved security scanner.
- Resolve IT related Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) and remediate software vulnerabilities via security patching, and specialized software configurations.
- Support Risk Management Framework, and assist in security assessment of IT environment as required.
- 5-10 or more years of experience.
- Top-Secret clearance required with SCI or SCI eligibility.
- DoD 8570 Level II or III compliant certification and computing environment certifications required.
We are seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency at their Fort Belvoir, Va location.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
The NE-MA Senior System Administrator will be responsible for providing IT operational services in direct support of NE-MA mission. This position will support technical, logistical, and administrative support to all directorates under NE-MA. Additionally, NE-MA IT Staff will interface and collaborate with IT2S, ISSM, and ISSO to ensure NE-MA IT Operations, and Systems are security compliant and meet all applicable DOD information security requirements. Candidates must possess related computing environment certification and meet DOD 8570 requirements for position held.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us! Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top-Secret Clearance/SCI OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.