1307 Walt Whitman (22600), United States of America, Melville, New York
Senior Associate, Commodity Derivatives Trade Support Analyst
Are you looking for a challenging role that includes the convenience of working virtually at home? Then a Capital One Commercial Ops role may be the role for you! You must be within 100 miles driving distance from our Capital One hub in Melville, NY or McLean, VA.
Commercial Operations (CML Ops) is one of the largest divisions in the Commercial Bank, this team's scope is horizontal across the bank and as such it supports numerous critical processes and transactions. By incubating innovative solutions and embracing technology, this team creates an unforgettable and unparalleled experience for our associates and clients.
One of the most impactful groups in the CML Ops team is the Capital Markets Derivatives Operations team (CMDO). CMDO provides operational support for the CML Bank's Commodities, FX and Interest Rate Derivatives Desks. Partnering with the Capital Markets Business, Treasury Management, and other Commercial Bank operational teams, the organization is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate transactions and lifecycle processing across a broad range of products and services. CMDO collectively focuses on delivering scale and efficiency, nailing operational risk, providing a beautiful client experience, and enabling our talented associates to excel. The team is currently growing and searching to fill a role as a Senior Associate with the Derivatives Settlement Support Vertical. Job Description & Ideal Candidate :
Derivative Operations, is responsible for the accurate sending and matching of trade related documents for our Commodities, FX & IRD derivative desks. The right candidate will partner with Clients, the Business and other Operational teams to support the full derivative trade's life cycle as it pertains to SDR submissions, Control monitoring and Metrics reporting. This individual's responsibilities will include but are not limited to :
Work at Home Technology Requirements:
- Be an active participant in standing up a Swap Dealer Reporting and Control Team
- Work with BAs, Product Partners and Risk Teams to automate the control framework
- Work with Dealers/customers to identify and solve reporting breaks
- Run End of Day Recon Processes, escalating issues to Sr. Management
- Attest that EOD reporting and controls are complete accurate
- Assist Vendors and Tech Teams to solve discrepancies
- Chasing and following-up to resolve outstanding issues
- Work with IT to identify improvements & ensure proper change management adherence
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes impacting the industry
- Develop relationships with external clients to gain market understanding and awareness
- Proactively seek appropriate internal or external training to maintain professional expertise
- Cross-train team members and internal clients to ensure appropriate coverage and proficiency
- Formulate and document user requirements and procedures to implement technical solutions
- Develop and participate in the daily management of controls and procedures
- Provide superior internal and external client services in all areas of interaction
- A secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions
- A reliable private internet connection that is not supplied by use cellular data (hot spot)
- Cable or fiber connections are preferred
- Internet service download speeds must be at least 5 mbps, with 10+ mbps preferred - check your download speed using a speed test. A sample one can be found here . To test your home internet from your personal computer at home, type www.speedtest.net into the web browser of your personal computer.
- Sustained ability to maintain latency less than 250 ms in voice calls is required
- Hard wired connectivity is preferred, any use of wireless connectivity must be Private (non-public) and password protected through WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption. If you have any questions about your encryption, please consult with your internet provider
- A private network is password protected where you have ownership or line of sight to every device on the network
- Capital One reserves the right to request proof of internet provider, speed and service package from the associate
- Requirements are subject to change, as new systems and technology is delivered. Capital One reserves the right to modify internet service requirements with sixty (60) days notice.
Candidates must live within 100 miles driving distance of one of the hub locations based in Melville, NY or McLean, VA. Basic Qualifications :
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Capital Markets, Middle or Back Office
- Master's Degree or MBA
- 3+ years of experience with Swaps and Derivatives Products
- 3+ years of experience with Excel (V-lookup, Pivot Tables, and Macro) or Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- 3+ years of experience with Word and Adobe
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven track record of independently managing and delivering quality work
- Strong interpersonal and client facing skills
- Experience working on projects, QA and UAT testing and audits
- Knowledge of Swap Dealer regulations
- Familiarity with Financial Settlement Instructions and SWIFT knowledge
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $87,300 - $99,600 for Sr. Ops Associate
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).