Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager, Risk Assessments - ES Risk
Do you want to be part of a team that is on the cutting edge of innovating the way Capital One performs risk assessments? This position on the Core Risk Team within Enterprise Services (ES) Risk will perform independent first-line risk assessments to identify, document, and monitor risks across all ES verticals. This position will require collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders, allowing the ideal candidate the opportunity to work with many different teams across Capital One. This position will work closely with associates in the second-line, third-line audit, and other business risk offices to further mature the company's risk management capabilities.
A successful Senior Manager in this role would help drive risk assessment activities to a timely completion, drive enhancements to risk assessment processes that would create efficiencies for our business partners, and support the reporting requirements generated from the processes this role helps manage.
ES Risk professionals are experienced, well-trained, and progressive individuals that operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value-added risk services to our business partners. The candidate will be a highly-motivated Risk Management professional with excellent support, analytical, planning, collaboration, and communication skills. Responsibilities:
This role supports the ES Risk's horizontal program governance for Risk Assessments and Controls Management. Specifically, this role will:
- Partner with both Business and Risk Management stakeholders in enhancing and implementing a service model that meets the requirements of the Enterprise Risk and Control Standards
- Contribute to developing an effective engagement model with ES Risk partners to identify, document, and monitor risks across all ES verticals via Risk Assessments (such as Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA), Product Risk Assessments (PRA), and Scenario Analysis) and other channels
- Support ES' Scenario Analysis efforts by supporting the identification and analysis of high impact plausible scenarios, loss impact, and likelihood to appropriately reflect Enterprise Services' material risk exposure. Collaborate with a cross-functional stakeholder group to get the appropriate data for those updates
- Coordinate with Operational Risk Management to drive Scenario Analysis efforts, helping to identify required stakeholders for scenario workshops and craft scenario storylines
- Contribute to enhancing first line Risk Assessment metrics and reporting for ES
- Proactively identify process improvements that will improve Risk Assessment practices, including opportunities for automation
- Partner with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and other second line partners and Enterprise Services teams to enhance the Risk Assessments framework
- Support ad hoc projects
- Manage updates to ES risk reporting requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience in Audit, Compliance, Legal, or Risk Management
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in Audit, Compliance, Legal, or Risk Management
- 3+ years of Risk Assessment experience
- 1+ year of project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including familiarity with creating presentations and executive reporting
- Execution oriented and a self-motivator
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness
- Be able to communicate clearly in written and verbal form
- Ability to influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Be able to produce executive level communications and presentations
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $195,200 - $222,800 for Sr. Manager, Cyber Risk & Analysis
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).