West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Director, Product Management - API Platform
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then product management at Capital One may be a fit for you In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas:
As part of the API Platform Team , you will:
- Human Centered - You'll deeply immerse yourself in knowing your internal and/or external customer(s) by employing empathy and design thinking to define broad-scale solutions that provide breakthrough leverage. You'll model adaptability by encouraging continuous evolution to product strategy in light of industry trends, emerging solutions, new insights and changing customer and business needs
- Business Focused - You'll deeply learn the financial drivers, externalities, and points of leverage within your domain to identify new products or product enhancements that drive sustainable value for Capital One. You'll be promote a culture anchored in data, used to instrument products, validate outcomes, drive insights, and manage the business both tactically and strategically
- Technology Driven - You'll be responsible for fostering a strong agile discipline and inspiring teams to continuously improve delivery evidenced through key agility metricsYou'll partner with Technology leaders to influence end-state architecture and drive secure, resilient, performant and scalable technology solutions that solve material customer and business problemsYou'll govern the responsible and efficient application of technology resources by assessing opportunities for reusing existing solutions, clearly defining minimum viable products, and always building with extensibility in mind
- Integrated Problem Solving - Develop and champion a bold vision that drives meaningful outcomes by embracing the art of the possible. Build frameworks for complex decision making that enable effective debate and accelerate getting to the right answer
- Transformational Leadership - You'll establish a long-term product portfolio strategy, informed by customer and business needs, and partner with leaders and stakeholders to regularly drive alignment, secure resources and overcome impediments. You'll attract, grow, empower, and inspire top product talent as they develop and deliver on their local product strategy in an iterative, outcome-focused and well-managed way
- Thrive at the intersection of data management and cybersecurity implementing the principles of both to drive platform success.
- Be equally as comfortable in designing user interfaces as you are in designing runtime infrastructures.
- Help to set the vision for a world class API development platform by actively maintaining a view of the API technology landscape
- Obsess over user feedback and build processes to collect and manage the same.
- Identifying the right KPIs and OKRs to provide an objective articulation of value and success.
- Develop and manage platform roadmaps that optimize for innovation, cost and risk management.
We want you if you are:
- Work across product, engineering and design to identify platform solutions to mission critical enterprise problems.
- Lead a team to the right product decisions via deep engagement with platform stakeholders, users, and partners.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders across Capital One lines of business to maintain a sense for where the business is going and how the platform can provide leverage.
- Serve as a thought leader and evangelist representing the platform at internal and external forums.
- Intellectually Curious. You're comfortable navigating between the big ideas and executional realities to create an achievable strategic Product Vision. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges
- Communicator & Influencer. You're comfortable influencing a group of executives as well as communicating your product vision clearly to your associates and partners. You can be open to different communication styles and listen carefully to diverse sets of ideas
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, and are willing to make commitments and trade-offs with other leaders to remove impediments for your team; you are a leader obsessed with delivering valuable in an iterative way focusing in minimum viable product
- Passionate & Customer Focus. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs and build long lasting relationships
- Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when exploring unknown technologies; you will seek for internal solutions before building new
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You are also able to coach others and be a mentor in product development
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in digital product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 5+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).