Summary Senior Systems Engineer Arlington, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Systems (CS) provides federal agencies empowered solutions in Cybersecurity and Data Visualization. Our Subject Matter Experts offer decades of experience working in the federal marketplace and the data visualization environment.
You will support the Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) Office of Deputy Chief of Staff (DCS) G-2 Information Management (IM) Directorate, otherwise known as the Department of the Army Military Intelligence - Information Management (DAMI-IM), Chief Information Officer (CIO) in this important role. DAMI-IM's mission is to transform Army Intelligence into a Net-Centric, knowledge-based community through the development of policy and management of Information Technology (IT) integration, networking, assurance, initiatives, and programs. You'll be helping achieve G-2's vision of putting intelligence into the Warfighter's hands.
The Systems Engineer - Senior
is responsible for performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative, and technical skills. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Senior Systems Engineer
within our Army CIO
team you will:
- Direct and participate in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing, and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E)
- Apply higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solutions
- Design and prepare technical reports and related documentation and makes charts and graphs to record results
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the contract
- May be required to serve as Task Leader.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for a particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Task Leader position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master of Arts/Science
- 10+ years of experience across a broad scope of IT systems engineering (e.g., system architecture and design, systems documentation, requirements analysis)
- DOD 8570 IAT-II compliant
- TS/SCI clearance required
How you'll grow
- Ability to interpret stakeholder needs and develop model-based, systems engineering solutions and recommendations.
- Ability to conduct technical trade studies, identify risks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Ability to develop programmatic and technical strategies focused on integrating new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to lead and work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated proficiency and strength in verbal, written, PC, presentation, and communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience providing end-to-end technical analysis and recommendations of systems engineering processes, tools, and methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing current implementations of systems engineering efforts and processes, with the ability to identify areas of improvement in adoption, execution, and sustainment.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Systems, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program