Summary Senior Data Architect Arlington, VA (Pentagon)
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Systems (CS) provides federal agencies empowered solutions in Cybersecurity and Data Visualization. Our Subject Matter Experts offer decades of experience working in the federal marketplace and the data visualization environment.
You will support the Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) Office of Deputy Chief of Staff (DCS) G-2 Information Management (IM) Directorate, otherwise known as the Department of the Army Military Intelligence - Information Management (DAMI-IM), Chief Information Officer (CIO) in this important role. DAMI-IM's mission is to transform Army Intelligence into a Net-Centric, knowledge-based community through the development of policy and management of Information Technology (IT) integration, networking, assurance, initiatives, and programs. You'll be helping achieve G-2's vision of putting intelligence into the Warfighter's hands.
The Senior Data Architect
is responsible for developing data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Senior Data Architect
within our Army CIO
project, you will:
- Work in a data warehouse environment, including data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
- Evaluatethe reusability of current data for additional analyses.
- Translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Define, design, and build dimensional databases.
- Conduct data cleaning to rid the system of old, unused, or duplicate data.
- Review object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science with8+ years of experience.
- IBM Certified Data Architect, AWS Certified Big Data - specialty or industry equivalent certification.
- Cloud service provider support experience.
- Develop and document database architectures via database architectural strategies at the modeling, design, and implementation stages.
- Develop database solutions by designing the proposed system and defining the database's physical structure and functional capabilities, security, backup, and recovery.
- Using ETL (extract, transform, load) best practices in the creation of the database.
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming.
- Manage data structure at the design phase of SQL and Non-SQL database management.
- Execute projects/programs with similar requirements.
- DoD 8570 IAT-II certification required
- TS/SCI clearancerequired
How you'll grow
- AWS Certified Data Analytics specialty.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Systems, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program