Facilities Maintenance Technician Lead
Washington, DC Join our Talent Network
Facilities Maintenance Technician Lead
CONTINGENT ON POSTION AVAILABILITY
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
TheFacilities Maintenance Technician Lead shall plan, develop, and implement building modification designs in support of the Navy at Strategic Systems Programs Headquarters (SPPHQ).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a variety of maintenance duties to include, but are not limited to, preventative maintenance, basic repairs, cosmetic upkeep, and simple appliance/machine installations.
- Provide and maintain facility-related documents throughout the contract period posted on SP15 shared drive. CDRL A002
- Provide minor carpentry tasks that include, but are not limited to, assembly of furniture, hanging pictures, mounting of storage solutions, carpet tile installation, and other minor repair tasks.
- Provide drywall maintenance and repairs that include, but are not limited to, patching a hole, repairing a nail hole or other damage, etc.
- Apply interior paint and stain as needed, to walls, ceilings, doors, furniture, baseboards, etc.
- Provide minor plumbing tasks that do not require special licensing to perform such as fixing leaking faucets, installing or repairing showerheads, and removing or applying caulking.
- Provide minor electrical tasks that do not require special licensing to perform.
- Provide miscellaneous maintenance and basic repairs utilizing a variety of hand tools, power tools, and maintenance-related machinery.
- Provide technical and administrative support in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of all facilities sustainment projects and future facility-related initiatives, including facility planning, design, document production, and project administration for the execution of facilities-related projects. CDRL A002
- Provide administrative, professional, and technical support in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of facility-related environmental issues.
- Assist in the development of facilities requirements, technical briefs, and acquisition documentation to include but not limited to supply requests, scopes of work, work schedules, and sequencing plans for the mitigation of mission impact.
- Provide project management and team supervision support.
- Complete annual company and customer training requirements according to established policies and procedures.
- Record labor hours daily in the online corporate system.
- Travel up to 10% as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 10+ years of maintenance experience.
- Secret clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a secret clearance for the lifecycle of the project.
- Advanced knowledge of formatting, processing, and records maintenance for official documents.
- Proven maintenance experience.
- Must be skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Excel.
- Ability to facilitate mature and independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to be highly responsive.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and professionalism under pressure.
- Maintain a high level of integrity.
- Apply strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with the ability to switch priorities quickly as needs change.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-stress, performance-based environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work nights and weekends in case of an emergency.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as required.
How you'll grow
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.
Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News-https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site -www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network