Summary Logistics Analyst II Lorton, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Logistics Analyst II
will provide logistics support services to the Office of Customs & Border Protection (CBP) as a member of Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC. The primary function of Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC is to support repair and maintenancefor allCBP, OBP, and CSID high-technology inspection equipment located at CBP Ports of Entry in the U.S. and at select locations abroad. Responsibilities
- Schedule and monitor the preventative maintenance, calibration and sustainment activities for Non-Intrusive Inspection equipment using the MAXIMO (CMMS) system.
- Conduct performance assessments of CBP high technology inspection equipment by analyzing historical maintenance data through RM&A metrics, failure mode identifiers, root cause analysis, statistical analysis, etc. to identify areas of concern, trends, strengths, etc.
- Document assessment findings in analytical documents and reports including trend analyses, technical summaries, and statistical summaries; extract lessons learned, report to customers, and incorporate in future logistics efforts.
- Create and review ILS documents and procedures to provide full equipment life cycle support while maximizing customer satisfaction and minimizing support costs.
- Contribute to the development and review of internally and externally generated technical documents, manuals, analyses, work instructions, etc.
- Record failure mode identifiers (Problem, Failure, Cause, Action Taken) in the historical maintenance database on completed work orders.
- Apply process improvement principles to all application tools and reports.
- Update maintenance support databases with a variety of technical data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate degree in a related field and2+ years of experience in integratedlogistics, life cycle logistics, logisticsengineering, or similar logistics specialty.Preferredexperience toinclude:
- MAXIMO or other maintenance management application experience
- Data mining and analysis
- Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude, with maintenance support experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level (functions, formulas).
- Experience can be obtained via educational or professional setting.
- Experience with charts and pivot tables is preferred.
- CBP Background Investigation (BI) required.
How you'll grow
- Identifies and resolves problems promptly; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision and in a multi-tasking environment, Ability to perform under pressure.
- Solid communication skills, both written and oral. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information; Demonstrated technical report writing.
- Knowledge of logistics and life-cycle management principles, concepts, policies, and regulations.
- Identify and apply concepts, policies, and practices of logistics management as they apply to new and legacy systems during the sustainment phase of the life cycle.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program