Responsibilities & Qualifications
At TekSynap, people are our differentiator. As a Help Desk Analyst supporting a federal government customer, you will be trusted to perform first level contact and incident resolution to customers with software, and application problems. Includes handling both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Support all Cross-Domain solution requirements
- Stay up-to-date and be familiar with CSfC capability packages
- Stay up-to-date on CSfC-approved products and versions.
- Utilize network monitoring and testing tools to verify the health and availability of the network and associated service applications
- Utilize troubleshooting methods and tools (i.e. ping, trace route) to diagnose or resolve incidents. Efficiently escalate incidents to the appropriate group when required
- Augment cybersecurity monitoring staff as needed
- Support the building of end point devices, including smart phones and laptops
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Support briefings and advocacy in helping the client adopt the CSfC service offering
- Willingness to occasionally work evenings and weekends required for outages or maintenance efforts
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 3 or more years of experience in service desk support
- Professional Certification CE IAT Level II or higher
- BA/BS = 5 years; AA=7 years
- Secret Clearance level
We are seeking a Help Desk Support Service Specialist to join our team supporting Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) in Honolulu, HI.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Honolulu, HI
- Type of environment: Office
- Please note, access for the office location for the position requires individuals to ascend and descend three flights of stairs. There is no access to an elevator or ramp.
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: OCONUS Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 20%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
United States Citizenship
Secret Clearance requirement OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.