Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Principal Project Manager - Community Engagement Great events tell a story, deliver on a brand promise, and above all, turn attendees into advocates. They leave attendees feeling energized, motivated and compelled to share their experience with others. The Capital One Financial Services story is unique and we're seeking a creative, strategic thinker who can shape and deliver experiences that bring our story to life in the community.
Our Social Innovation team is a dynamic and creative-minded group that works collaboratively and independently to achieve a wide variety of goals. We are seeking someone who will push the boundaries of what's possible, and continually reimagine events that align on our strategic vision. The responsibilities of this role will include:
A successful candidate should have:
- Working with our internal and external clients by obtaining an in-depth understanding of business objectives, logistical needs, and budget constraints to build community partnerships and engagement opportunities
- Own and prioritize volunteer programming that helps to deliver on business outcomes and a desire to ensure that our associates thrive while at Capital One
- Provide consultation to determine how best to partner and advise on how a team can achieve greater societal impact through the implementation of volunteer programming
- Partner with the experience to inform how we build programs that are efficient and can sustainably scale for our associates
- Liaison with the Volunteer Network, associate led committee, to provide volunteer resources and opportunities
- Identify and sustain mutually productive relationships with key community leaders and connect associates and executives as appropriate
- Making proposals, recommendations and providing educated guidance on the creation and evolution of community partnerships and community program activations
- Managing all community event activations components, including budget management, Request For Proposals (RFPs), venue selection, contract negotiation, invitation creation, AV coordination, food and beverage selection, vendor management, host preparation, volunteer recruitment and materials coordination
- Leveraging technology and data to inform decision making as well as increase the engagement strategy
- Create and manage project, process and program documents and implement mechanisms to standardize their use, in order to maintain well managed programs
- Ensure projects and key initiatives are documented appropriately to mitigate risk and support on-time delivery
- Partner with the team to create frameworks and gather resources to enable the quick delivery of new programs or partnership initiatives
- Build and implement new external partnerships including relationship management, programming and return on investment
- Represent Capital One in the community through networking, public speaking, and event attendance
- A proven record of achievement in their current position
- Excellent critical thinking and excellent problem solving skills with the ability to pivot in real time and provide clear recommendations in an ever-changing environment
- Self-directed initiative, resourcefulness, and the ability to prioritize workload and act with urgency
- Strong project management, time management, multitasking and organizational skills
- The ability to influence and cultivate positive relationships with C-level executives
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated awareness of in-person and virtual event production best practices and trends
- Superior customer service skills
- A calm and organized approach to working in high pressure situations
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- Nonprofit or corporate philanthropy work history in the region
- First-rate interpersonal skills with a talent to naturally build and maintain relationships at all levels and strategically leverage relationships appropriately
- Experience managing a portfolio of mission-driven and philanthropic investments or grants
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 5 years experience in marketing or event management
- At least 2 years experience in project management
- At least 4 years corporate philanthropy, nonprofit or corporate social responsibility experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Project Management or Event Planning
- 4+ years experience in event or project management
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).