NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Manager, Credit Review
The Credit Review Manager will play an integral role within the Credit Review team, assisting our efforts to provide assurance coverage from a 3rd line of defense perspective by performing risk-based Targeted Reviews. These reviews will leverage innovative assurance tools and dashboards, and focus on the credit related aspects of Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and Allowance for Credit Losses (ACL) processes, including loss forecasting and judgmental adjustments or overlays. The role offers an opportunity for significant professional growth and exposure across the Bank including the Lines of Business and other functions (e.g., Risk and Finance).Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Perform targeted reviews to identify gaps and improvement opportunities on soundness of the methodology and completeness of documentation for company's CCAR submission and quarterly allowance
- Assess the credit loss forecasting processes for the card, auto, and commercial lines of business (both quantitative and qualitative components) for use in the ACL and for inclusion of credit risks within the CCAR framework as part of ongoing monitoring and sample-based testing
- Provide credible challenge on material risks to the company with respect to their inclusion in the risk inventory and/or the loss forecast for CCAR (i.e., oversight and challenge on the calculations and expert judgment used within the stress testing frameworks
- Identify credit related risks, trends, or issues and perform root cause analysis
- Assess the Bank's remediation activities for issues identified both by Credit Review and any applicable issues identified by regulators
- Communicate with various functions across the Bank to coordinate and track remediation plans to closure
- Attend various governance forums to remain informed of changes as they occur, as well as reporting Credit Review findings in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Internal Audit to present a unified third line of defense across credit risk
- Staying abreast of applicable regulations and guidance, as well as industry best practices
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to assist developing executive level presentations
- Strong analytical skills and the capability to digest and understand complex concepts and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A fundamental understanding of credit products and credit risks, especially related to card, auto, and commercial loan exposures
- The desire and ability to learn in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- The ability to build and maintain high trust relationships with credit risk management, finance, and second line of defense teams that provide review and challenge of the ACL and CCAR processes
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in credit risk management or in a credit review assurance role
- Master's degree
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) OR Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- 5+ years of experience participating in CCAR at a large financial institution
- 5+ years of experience operating in second or third line of defense functions
- 5+ years of credit loss forecasting and stress testing
- 5+ years of experience with credit loss modeling
- Previous support of banking regulatory exam and remediation activities, related to the Federal Reserve and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $160,200 - $182,800 for Credit Review Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).