Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Capital One Trade Credit - Senior Director of Business Development
Capital One Trade Credit presents a proven and uniquely differentiated offering to clients. Capital One Trade Credit helps grow and protect merchants by providing Net 30, Net 60, and Net 90 terms to business buyers with the B2B payment experience they expect. Merchants are paid upfront for transactions, are protected from credit risk, and are able to upgrade to a digital first, tech-enabled customer experience for their buyers. The Company partners with over 1,000+ merchants across the United States, ranging from very small merchants to enterprise clients including Walmart, Wayfair, and Menards. Merchants can offer their business customers an extended terms account that is instantly-decisioned and available for immediate use and one that can be underwritten on the business entity (vs. personal credit). These accounts feature payment terms up to 90 days, credit lines up to and beyond $1M where needed, billing and payment reconciliation tailored to business expectations, and online digital self servicing. Capital One Trade Credit is looking to aggressively grow its business by adding enterprise clients and embedding our offering in strategic distribution partners.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this Senior Director, Business Development role, we are seeking a top performing business development executive who is eager to drive growth and refine strategy for the nation's only modern tech trade credit platform that has enterprise scale. This critical position in an exciting and rapidly changing industry has substantial strategic importance to Capital One. This leader will report to the Vice President, Business Development of Capital One Trade Credit. They will partner closely with cross-functional teams including Product, Tech, Credit, and Deal teams. This leader will deftly manage highly strategic and sophisticated sales processes in the pursuit of new enterprise clients with >$1B in annual sales. They will also develop strategic distribution partnerships to embed or integrate our offering with complimentary technology.
- Manage initial contact with potential partners, research specific partner and customer needs, and incorporate into partnership pitches
- Drive the RFP process for new partners across the organization
- Drive the economic, deal and contract negotiations with potential partners
- Be an impactful leader of the strategy development by creating a deep understanding of the marketplace, including partnership prospects, competitor offerings, and how Capital One Trade Credit is positioned to win
- Leverage experience to help develop a tailored pitch strategy. Conceptualize and guide the process to create the presentation materials and engagement strategy of key decision-makers
- Develop, manage and sustain complex internal relationships
- Possess both a business development/sales background that enables driving an engagement and interacting at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables you to easily interact with product and tech leaders.
- Proven business development success with sourcing and closing corporate-level clients (+ selling a SaaS model, fintech, or tech platform product a plus)
- Keenly adept at diagnosing target client needs and insightful on organizational decision- making dynamics
- Ability to develop deep understanding of our technical and servicing capabilities, including ability to autonomously offer grounded views on if / how we can customize our offering to meet client needs
- Ability to autonomously lead deal negotiation with C-level clients (term sheet and deal creation, anchoring, pattern of concessions, zone of potential agreement)
- Analytical reasoning, with strong aptitude for deal economics and sensitivities (+ financial services and credit-related products)
- Exemplary influencer and networker with an ability to build and drive consensus decision- making
- Strong communicator and collaborative partner
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed, in execution of business development capabilities
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of business development, corporate development, or partner acquisition experience in a SaaS model, fintech or tech platform business
- At least 2 years of experience using Salesforce
- At least 5 years in Experience with credit-related financial products
- At least 4 years with executive level leadership in business development, corporate development, or partnerships acquisition
- At least 3 years People Management experience
- At least 10 years experience in consulting
- At least 10 years experience in financial services client development
- At least 10 years experience in financial services partnership management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $267,300 - $305,100 for Sr. Director, Bus Development
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).