Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Communications Associate - Financial Services We're seeking an influential communicator who has experience writing high-quality content, leveraging data and technology to shape engagement strategies, and working in cross-functional teams to drive results.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to our amazing company culture through associate communications, including developing internal content and channel strategies with creativity, clarity and heart. You'll also support thought leadership efforts for our divisional president, where we have a robust storytelling strategy that touches both internal and external channels. Finally, you will play a key role in our team's innovation journey, driving solutions by leveraging data and technology to advance our communications capabilities and streamline processes.
If you're a strategic thinker, planner and storyteller who merges writing and data to inspire others to think differently and empower them to act, you might be our next team member. We're looking for someone whose curiosity is endless; communicates concisely but thinks big; a storyteller with above-and-beyond attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will be highly effective at navigating a matrix organization and influencing people by leveraging communications expertise, complex problem solving skills and a keen ability to work with ambiguity and defining the unknown. By joining our team, you'll be expected to push the envelope and strive to do the extraordinary.
Who We Are:
The Financial Services Communications team is made up of intentional, strategic and creative problem-solving experts. We proactively deliver innovative, relevant and engaging content in support of our divisional president, his vision and his strategy.
We constantly look for new ways to improve our output and methods, while maximizing our impact across channels readers love. We start with the why, hold a high bar on clear, consistent and people-centric communications, and ensure the solution is 100% aligned to the problem.
Capital One is a fast-growing organization, one of the top brands in the United States and has been named one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" by FORTUNE Magazine. Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- Execute and build internal communications strategies for business activities and key initiatives
- Manage internal communications channels, including enewsletters and emails, intranet news and associate-generated content; includes news writing, storytelling and channel distribution
- Develop and maintain targeted audience distribution lists by ensuring accuracy and stewardship of data
- Leverage data and insights to drive internal marketing strategies and campaigns, optimizing the strategy based on past results, future needs, associates' behaviors and preferences, and ongoing test-and-learn agenda
- Serve as end-to-end process owner supporting the relationship we have with an external vendor that we use to send our internal emails
- Partner cross-functionally on key projects and initiatives with the ability to manage input from a variety of stakeholders and drive results
- Have an eye for design and partner with our creative team to deliver creative, visually appealing content
- Openly and actively contribute as a member of the Financial Services Communications team and Thought Leadership pod, identifying key opportunities and taking the lead on developing content and solutions that address key needs
- Assist in creating content for social media channels in alignment to thought leadership strategy objectives
- Highly effective communications skills with outstanding writing abilities, including the ability to draft content in the style and voice of our team brand
- Customer-obsessed: Loves diving deep into data and insights to understand audience behavior and motivations
- Analytical problem solver: Uses data and storytelling to influence decisions and deliver actionable recommendations that solve current engagement & communication opportunities
- Storyteller: Simplify the complex and compel our audience to act
- Strategic partner: Helps shape strategy and initiatives, ensures successful measurement of campaigns by aligning on metrics and measuring results
- Results oriented: Focuses on driving impact in both the short- and long-term, and is able to drive and execute an agenda end-to-end from conception through to delivery
- Team player: Helps us achieve more than the sum of our parts by collaborating effectively with others and encouraging an inclusive culture with diverse teammates
- Detail oriented: Has an eagle-eye for formatting and copy editing
- Deadline driven: Ability to adhere to and set deadlines, and deliver quality work within them
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or writing
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis for marketing or communication campaigns
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, English or Journalism
- At least 4 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, marketing or writing
- At least 3 years of experience with creative testing and campaign strategy optimization
- At least 2 years experience managing social media channels for executive leaders
- At least 1 year of experience editing using AP Style
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).