Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Analyst, Finance Risk Management
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional for a Senior Associate position within the Finance Risk Management (FRM) team. FRM associates are engaged and insightful risk management partners working across the Finance organization to execute robust and proactive risk management programs, improve effectiveness and efficiency of operation while reducing risk and influencing risk stakeholders, risk offices, compliance, internal audit, and regulators. FRM strives to enable a strong culture of risk management across Finance that is adaptable to a changing environment.
A successful candidate for this role will have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, be a proactive problem solver with the ability to operate in white space, and have strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex topics both orally and written to a wide variety of audiences. The candidate should be a well-organized, self-starter who is comfortable functioning autonomously, taking end-to-end ownership of work streams, ensuring all deliverables are completed timely, and leveraging their subject matter knowledge to synthesize all available information to influence our partners to make grounded, risk-based decisions.
- Collaborate on a unique and diverse set of processes and activities in the Finance organization by leveraging a risk management mindset and robust Finance expertise.
- Work alongside Corporate Development and Finance Integrated Program & Delivery (FIPD) process owners and performers, including a broad set of Finance stakeholders in support of special projects to understand the risks, recommend control improvements, and support their ongoing well-managed environment.
- Support various Finance project management teams in scoping, planning and ensure proper execution of risk management activities of large initiatives impacting the Finance division.
- Connect with other risk teams across US businesses to understand best practice and to ensure all relevant policies and procedures are adhered too.
- Partner with Finance change management teams to ensure early inclusion of risk considerations in large project scoping and planning.
- Collaborate with partner teams on issues and events investigation, root cause analysis and suggested remediation actions.
- Engage with risk partners to ensure alignment on enterprise guidance, standards and policies.
- Synthesize information from disparate sources in a manner that enables FRM to influence business, product and tech leaders to make grounded, risk-based decisions; identify themes to support the risk story.
- Creation of and updating of process and governance documentation such as process-flows, data maps, procedures and presentation materials.
- Assist in evaluating new regulatory changes and their impact on processes in scope, then facilitate the incorporation of those changes where appropriate (control, procedures, etc.)
- Assist with the preparation and execution of audit and regulatory exams as they pertain to responsible areas.
- Collaborate with broader horizontal FRM partner teams to provide risk analysis, insights and reporting metrics.
- Support FRM horizontal partner teams in execution of recurring and ad hoc risk activities--process level risk assessments, payments control testing, etc.
- Provide pre, during and post audit/exam management and risk advisory support for our impacted business partners.
- Regularly liaise with our 2nd and 3rd lines-of-defense teams and collaborate to address challenges levied on our business partners resulting from 2nd or 3rd line reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a Financial Services Industry
- At least 1 year of Risk Management experience in Finance, Compliance, Audit, Payments or a combination
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- At least 2 years of Risk Management practice
- At least 1 years of experience in leading complex, cross functional projects
- Experience engaging and supporting projects of large scale
- Experience with division change management forums
- Experience with regulatory compliance assessment and mitigation
- Experience with risk reporting and issue management
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Experience with process mapping tools such as Visio or Lucidchart
- Proficient with Google Suite
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).