West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Financial Analyst - Infrastructure
As a Financial Analyst, you will work for a company that invests in ways to tell stories, view trends, and diagnose results in a more compelling and visual nature. You will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that leads to sustainable performance and you will be asked to challenge our current well-managed processes to be more proactive, effective and efficient.
This role will help support multiple business partners, consisting of the full suite of FP&A deliverables. You will own multiple "towers" and be responsible for the day-to-day interactions with the full management chain. The team continues to optimize typical BAU work and spend increased time being thought leaders for our business partners, working towards driving positive outcomes. Given the ever changing world of technology, we have a slew of opportunities to provide analysis to our business partners and develop business cases for planned changes to our strategy and technology:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior audiences
- Financial reporting and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, financial reporting, and Profit & Loss (P&L) management
- Collaborate with system analysts to maintain and develop system to house models
- Coordinate and collect input data from Financial Analysts in different departments, check data integrity, summarize and convert data, run models, verify, analyze, and communicate output data
- Business presentations: Assist in development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Frequently create reports for higher level associates
- Provide management and business clients with project statuses
- Perform reporting and analysis to support presentation and ad-hoc requests
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year experience in financial analysis
- At least 1 year experience with financial modeling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree in a quantitative major (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 2 or more years experience in financial analysis or financial modeling
- 1 or more years of experience in technology or FP&A
- 1 or more years of experience partnering with internal stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with GSuite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- SQL and Python skills
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).