Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Principal Associate - Content Strategist
This is a Hybrid position located in Plano, TX. Relocation to Plano, TX required if you're not located in the Dallas, TX area.
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are currently seeking a Principal Associate Content Strategist
to join our team. We are passionate about crafting effective customer conversations and shaping the direction of our user experience by giving content a voice in the design process.
The Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers' digital and physical experiences. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we would love to hear from you. What You'll Do:
You'll be asked to handle a variety of responsibilities, including: Collaboration & Connection
- Collaborating with technology, product, and business teams to uncover customer and business needs - then translating them into intuitive and engaging digital experiences
- Participating in translating complex ideas into understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product experience
- Advocating for the customer through human-centered design methods, ensuring our products speak their language
- Championing design-centered approaches grounded in product research and analysis, and always representing the perspective of content strategy
Discovery & Delivery
- Working with partners and teams across various geographies
- Embracing and advocating for an experience mindset - this is as important to the work as the results
- Participating in hiring by reviewing resumes, conducting interviews and attending consensus
- Working with the research team to understand customer needs and define what information is needed throughout the user experience through usability and empathy studies
- Framing problems, defining insights, and designing new methodologies/practices to serve customer needs
- Creating new content experiences, and guiding others in the process
- Ensuring all content is clear, easy to understand, and written in natural language
- Adhering to compliance requirements using natural language and content standards
- Facilitating and participating in workshops with internal and external stakeholders to align with business needs
- Collaborating with other writers, UX designers, and visual designers to contribute to our internal design system, content strategy community of practice, best practices, and guidelines
- At least 4 years of experience with journalism, content creation, editorial, or information architecture disciplines
- Experience with content creation for cross channel experiences
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a design or related field
- Comfortable working with a variety of business partners and delivering outcomes
- Familiarity with working in an established design system
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).