Place St Charles (37701), United States of America, New Orleans, Louisiana
Commercial Banking Relationship Manager - Senior Director
As a global leader in financial services, we believe in building first rate relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. Teamwork is at the heart of everything we do. That is why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to work with a dynamic team to achieve more every day. As a Relationship Manager V (Senior Director) at Capital One, you will develop markets and administer existing loans, demand and time deposits, and cross sell related banking accounts and services. In addition, you will supervise employees and/or assist in supporting and leading less experienced loan officers. This position focuses on developing new client relationships for the Regional Commercial Bank. Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops and pursues an active client and prospect calling program, within the Bank structure, in order to attract new banking relationships
- You will develop new client relationships, administer, and cross sell related banking products and services
- Makes habitual calls on prospective clients in order to generate high quality new loan, deposit, and fee business to achieve or exceed specific production goals
- Plans portfolio growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives
- Convene with customers through personal calling efforts, branch referrals and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can serve their needs
- Coordinates with various divisions and departments (Branches, Operations, etc.) in the servicing of routine transactions and maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors' products and pricing in the market served
- Liable for the proper pre-qualification, structuring, pricing, and exception-free closing on all loans in his/her assigned area
- Analyzes requests and associated financial data to determine if the loan meets acceptable risk standards is within policy
- Evaluates risk and reviews the compensating of each loan customer in order to properly price loan to meet profitability standards
- Acquires collateral documents to be utilized as security on loans, and approves the release, substitution of collateral in accordance with loan policy
- Collaborates with borrowing customers to procure updated financial information on an ongoing basis
- Presents credits to the Regional Manager and the Senior Loan Committees as appropriate, and conveys decisions to customer
- Work in partnership with the Loan Analysis unit in developing analytical work-ups on credits
- Follows up on loan exceptions to insure timely clearing and controls volume of exceptions
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in commercial banking
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. #CorpBank #MMB
- Master's Degree or MBA
- Completion of formal credit training program
- 11 or more years of loan origination experience
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).