As an Analytic Methodologist at CIA, you'll develop and apply methods to add rigor and precision to intelligence analysis and collection. Methodologists support Agency analysis through statistical, econometric and mathematical assessments; geospatial modeling; or operations research; and communicate findings via a broad range of written intelligence products and briefings.
You will have the opportunity to maintain and broaden your professional ties throughout your career through academic study, collaboration with Intelligence Community peers, and attendance at professional meetings.
Opportunities exist for foreign and domestic travel, language training, and analytic tradecraft and management training. You will have an opportunity to develop deep substantive expertise and participate in broadening assignments with other offices in the Agency and across the U.S. Government. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/
- Experience in one or more fields:
- GIS/remote sensing
- Operations research
- Computer or mathematical programming
- Survey research, design, and analysis
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Interest in international affairs
- Awareness of U.S. national security interests
- Foreign language proficiency (Foreign Language Bonus eligible)
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise text
- Research experience in international affairs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interest in a career that requires regular writing assignments
- Advanced degree (some offices may accept qualified candidates with a Bachelor's degree.)
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred.