DutiesAs an IT Specialist (Network) (Title 32), GS-2210-11, you will perform the below duties:
1.Performs a variety of network device configuration and connectivity tasks.
2.Executes procedures and coordinates corrective action to optimize network performance. Installs, configures and monitors tested and evaluated software packages that provide performance measurements of the WAN/LAN.
3.Implements the standard configuration software loads for all network devices. Utilizes benchmarks and performance measurement and evaluation data to manage network servers and data communication devices to support normal and surge workload. Works with technical support personnel in resolving critical problems.
4.Uses remote management software tools to maintain and update configuration, protocol and user/system files.
5.Documents and tracks change to configuration, protocol and user/system files.
6.Executes appropriate action to ensure backup processes are completed.
7.Evaluates the performance of network devices such as servers, workstations, and peripheral devices, and remote access systems.
8.Coordinates the development and implementation of configuration management plans for complex LANs and WANs with supported elements to include headquarters staff elements, tenant activities, state government, regional operating activities and national agencies.
9.Implements plans and procedures for remote installation of applications and upgrades using state of the art software distribution methods.
10. Monitors distribution of applications and upgrades ensuring compliance with regulations and copyright laws.
11.Implements procedures to ensure accurate records of authorized users of distributed software are maintained.
12.Implements the standard operating procedures for all devices on the network.
13.Reviews and evaluates proposed software. Provides input to briefings and presentations on the complexities of the installation networks. These briefings provide the basis for long-range decision planning relating to C4 network project management.
14.Analyzes equipment and software reliability and utilization reports to identify and define problem areas and to establish end-to-end systems performance levels.
15. Performs other duties as assigned. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- This position is located in a bargaining unit.
: Qualifications are based on breadth/level of experience. In addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) and the number of hours worked per week if part time. As qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. Applicants are encouraged to use the USAJOBS Resume Builder to develop their federal resume.WHO CAN APPLY:
GROUP I -
All qualified Male/Female Commissioned Officer (O1/2LT - O4/MAJ), currently employed (permanent) in the Virginia Army National Guard Military Technician Program. GROUP II -
All qualified Virginia Army National Guard Male/Female Commissioned Officer (O1/2LT - O4/MAJ), regardless of employment status (Traditional, Military Technician or AGR). To be considered as a Group II applicant, proof of appointment/enlistment in the Virginia National Guard must be attached if the appointment/enlistment occurred within 60 days prior to, or during, the advertisement period.Military Grades
: Commissioned Officer (O1/2LT - O4/MAJ). GENERAL EXPERIENCE
: Applicant musthave experiences and competencies providing an in-depth knowledge of network engineering dealing with planning, designing, and implementation of network infrastructure that successfully accomplished intended purposes. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE :
Applicant must have at least 36 months of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-10 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. This experience must include activities such as: Experience serving as computer network engineer. Experience monitoring the network management for a statewide area command and control/distributed training to troubleshoot network issues. Experience coordinating with procurement officials in developing statements of work containing quantities of required support. Experience as project lead on special projects related to multiple C4 disciplines (voice, data, and video). EducationAdditional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( Register | Selective Service System : Selective Service System (sss.gov) ).